Thread: How much RAM and minimum PSU every Gaming system must have

How much RAM and minimum PSU every Gaming system must have

I made this thread to collect a common information based on requirement of gaming phone. Everyone needs a gaming system which must be able to run all latest video game. So for that by default you need a good GPU, a good processor and motherboard. Now this three requirements can be searched easily on web. But what about the RAM and PSU. I am looking for a common information based on requirement of PSU and RAM needed for every gaming system. Also for those system which will be upgraded in future. So nothing should be left.

Re: How much RAM and minimum PSU every Gaming system must have

If we talk about a good gaming pc then there are many things involved. Levaing the GPU aside you need to collect information on monitors, motherboard and chassis that you are using. You might be wondering why I added the chassis. Because if you are going to have multi gpu setup or if you want to overclock then at that time you will need a higher fan or liquid cooling support. For that you need more space. A gaming pc is mixture of high end hardware. You cannot compromise on the quality here. What you need to check is your system must have latest component + it should support the new technology like usb 3.0, sli, crossfire, etc. Today's games are more resource intensive. The size goes above 8GB and some even cross 30GB. Such games need good storage space and a faster hard drive that can run the game files. Tweaking your existing old system and making it a gaming pc by adding hardware is no worth. You need to anyhow get a new one which must be capable or reading all games. I found Nvidia GE Force 8 series gpu much better for gaming needs. Talking about the ram it must be minimum 4GB and psu above 700w.

Keep a 700w psu by default in your system. This will cost you must. Talking about the ram then above 4GB with GPU is good. Remember that operating system like XP do not read 4GB ram. Use the most recent os only. Second it is als right that you must think about the cooling also. Because if there is no proper cooling your system, the performance may degrade as the time goes on. It is required to meet the need of high end system. For high end system is recommended to have 8 or 16GB ram. This are mostly 64bit operating system. You cannot just buy those hardware. They are too costly. If we talk about a mid range system then you can go for Intel Core i3/i5 with 4GB ram, 2GB GPU, 700w PSU and any widescreen led monitor. That would be more than enough. There are ample of trusted brand on web that you can check and rely on. Multicore processor helps to initiate more complicated task at a time.

There are different types of gaming pc. Like low range, mid range and high range. If you do not want to get deep in the technical blackhole, you can simply follow brands like Alienware. They provide you high end gaming system which can be configured as per your need. Have a look on their official website.

I prefer to stick with branded system. Because as they are preconfigured you do not require to worry about the system hardware. Just read the list of things inside it and buy it. Also upgrades are possible on such system.