Thread: How to fit Push & Pull Heatsink

How to fit Push & Pull Heatsink

Heatsink are common requirement of your pc. It does not matter if you are using a desktop or laptop. What matters is a proper ventilation support by which you can control the systems airflow. There is a type of heatsink which is not famous but enough to give you proper ventilation, especially for those system which are for overclocking. Called as Push and Pull type this heatsink help the cpu stay cooler. The only thing that affect the usage of this type of cpu fan is the size. Compared to ther they are quiet big. It has two fan attached at the side of heatsink. One fan draws air inside and other one draws it outside. So in this way a regular airflow is maintained.

This type of cpu heatsink are more reliable in compare to traditional if you want to avoid liquid cooling. The major factor in assembling this heatsink is the center bracket. It is in The size is quiet large. I had added some images below you have a look along with models. In Push & Pull heatsink the air is ventilated continuously and heat is absorbed. Via bios you can also mange the fan speed. Compared to this a regular heatsink comes with single fan pull support. Here the bracket is fitted on the cpu which absorb heat and a fan is fitted over it. It draw the heat out. This is the most traditional method used even today. But that cooler is not really sufficient. It can just draw heat for regular apps. If you play game or sometime use applications like turbo boost, your cpu is more pressurized. In return it generates more heat.

My point is to explain the way how push and pull and regular fans work. You might or might experience any difference among both. In regular fan heat is absorbed and left out where it scatters in the emtpy space. While in push and pull, air is drawn from one side and then pushed from the other making some kind of air tunnel. This is to sometextent very effective. But the model of cpu cooler used matters the most. There should appropriate space among the fans to get the heat absorbed in more better way.

The difference between this is not major. In regular fan your cpu is more prone to heat while in the other one there are less chances of getting overheated. You can test that by placing both the coolers in different system and running an temperature monitor. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative rather than liquid cooling you can have a look on good push and pull heatsink. There are certain kits available on web that I had mention below. What matters the most is right placement. First you need to accumulate all the parts. That consist of two fans, one bracket in center and the holders. Second you have to check that your system is having enough space left to fit the fan and they do not get stucked by the chassis cover.

Re: How to fit Push & Pull Heatsink

What I found in using this, that it does not really put any kind of difference. The only thing gives you is additional fan support. There should be adequate gap between both the fans and the heatsink product that I saw in market does not fit my need. I had tested that, the only thing I can notice is around 10% gain in cpu cooler. Compared to them Liquid cooler are far more better.

No, I do not agree. If you have a full size atx tower, then it is recommended. Two cpu fans are enough powerful to handle the cpu heat especially while overclocking. It is quiet less costly alternative for liquid cooling. But you must not blindly rely on that. Keep a eye on your system temperature as and when needed. The cpu fan works on a theory of air tunnel created by both the fan. The air is transferred directly to prescribed area only. Air is pushed from one side and pulled from other. So here there is continuous airflow of cold and warm air. While when you are using a traditional cpu cooler only the warm air is removed. The cpu gets less cool air. In push and pull the cooler air is drawn inside. The temperature is quiet controlled in that way.

What I found in using this, that it does not really put any kind of difference. The only thing gives you is additional fan support. There should be adequate gap between both the fans and the heatsink product that I saw in market does not fit my need. I had tested that, the only thing I can notice is around 10% gain in cpu cooler. Compared to them Liquid cooler are far better.

No, I do not agree. If you have a full size atx tower, then it is recommended. Two cpu fans are enough powerful to handle the cpu heat especially while overclocking. It is quiet less costly alternative for liquid cooling. But you must not blindly rely on that. Keep a eye on your system temperature as and when needed. The cpu fan works on a theory of air tunnel created by both the fan. The air is transferred directly to prescribed area only. Air is pushed from one side and pulled from other. So here there is continuous airflow of cold and warm air. While when you are using a traditional cpu cooler only the warm air is removed. The cpu gets less cool air. In push and pull the cooler air is drawn inside. The temperature is quiet controlled in that way.