Thread: Need advice on Pegasus R4 4TB Purchase

Need advice on Pegasus R4 4TB Purchase

Just saw Pegasus R4 4TB on Apple store for $1,149.00. My client wants to upgrade his existing storage which is around 2TB. So I am thinking to buy that and suggest him to go for this. Now what I want to know that is it really true, that this storage offers you 500 MB/s transfer rate. That is awesome speed and I had not yet seen any device giving that much amount of transfer ratio. Will that work on regular usb device also. For raid that speed is quiet better and spending $1,149.00 on 4TB storage space is not really bad. Good for those who has apple devices with thunderbolt controller.

My client has a Mac server with 4 desktop and 3 laptops. And for better data backup purpose this storage device according to me will be better. I am not actually looking for features, but advice on using for long term purpose. Second thing to choose this is portable design that can be move to any place.

Re: Need advice on Pegasus R4 4TB Purchase

You can buy that. As it is recommended on Apple Store. With Thunderbolt support you can actually the mentioned speed. And also the disk performance in that is much higher compared to regular drive. Mostly recommended for regular backup and restore purpose. I can provide a little highlight on thunderbolt technology. This is new high speed technology which is used to provide more performance on disk storage system. T

here are around two channels used in this which are capable of providing 10gbps transfer ratio on every channel. It is actually a mixed version of pci and display connectivity. So combination of those both makes a entirely new interface. Pegasus R4 is a nice option for those who run small servers or for those who always prefer to carry a additional storage system for their important data backup. As it is a separate drive you just need to configure the backup and that's it. Along with high speed transfer rate it is also possible to get a nice amount data protection it. That means security protocols. Compared to usb 2.0 you will get much higher speed. With a kind of pc suite software you can manage this tool more easily.