Thread: Disc read error and dead pixels on nintendo wii screen

Disc read error and dead pixels on nintendo wii screen

I have been using nintendo wii and things were working fine but now I am facing Disc read error most of the time when I insert a disc. I have noticed some dead pixel on the screen and I am getting ghosted image some times. Other than this the Disc drive has started making loud noise as well. I don’t know what has went wrong with it, is it time for getting a new nintendo wii or there is something I can do about all this issue?? Any suggestions?

Re: Disc read error and dead pixels on nintendo wii screen

If you are getting "Unable to read disc" or "Disc could not be read" error message then you need to check out the below things:
    • First make sure that the disc that you are using is compatible with your Wii system as far as I am ware it is not compatible with DVDs or discs rather than the ones from Wii and GameCube.
    • Make sure that the disc is not getting ejected during play or return to the HOME Menu until the disc is changed.
    • Make sure that you have placed console properly. I mean if the console has been kept flat you disc slot must be above SD Card slot as well as the buttons. If it has been kept vertically then the console must be in stand where as the power button must be on top.
    • Make sure that there is no dirt on the non-printed side of the disc or has been damaged or scratched.

If you are having this issue with some specific disc then there are possibilities that they might have turned faulty and you will have to get a ew one.
    If you are having this issue with all the games then there might be something wrong with the lens of the nintendo wii system and you will have to get it checked or repaired.

As far as the noise is concerned I wanted to know if it making louse noise as compared to what it would have been making previously?? It should make normal noise as it is having various moving parts. It might be making noise when reading disc but as I’ve asked if it is making really loud noise then there is something wrong with your system and it need a repair that’s all I can say. As far as the dead pixel is concerned I don’t think there is anything you can do about it and you will have to get the screen repaired or replaced.

Yes for dead pixel you will surely have to get it repaired. If you are getting ghosted image on screen while playing games then you might be playing a game that needs to display 240 lines of video. There are possibilities your monitor might not be able to handle the same. If you don’t think there is anything as such then you can do the below recommended things to fix it.
    • Try connecting a Nunchuk to Wii Remote while you are on Wii Channel Menu and Select “Virtual Console game” and start the game. After starting the game just press the Home button on the Wii Remote and select Operations Guide from Home menu.
    • When you are done with the same then Press Z + A + 2 Button simultaneously until you get a sound. Once you hear the sound then close the Home menu and then the game should run fine without dim, blank or half-blank screen as well as ghosted image.

Just try it out and let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not.

Hey guys thanks for your help, I have checked out some new game disc by borrowing then from my friend and they appeared to be working fine. I don’t know how come most of my game discs have turned faulty. They were having a lot of scratch on them and it appears it happens when they are read by the system. I have checked out the solution for ghosted image while playing games and it is not working for all games but yes it is helping for some. I know I will have to get the screen repaired for dead pixel but I am not willing to invest on the same now. I just wanted to know that can the dead pixel get bigger if I continue to play games like that?? I am able to see some small dots but I am afraid that they will get bigger.