Thread: What purpose you use external hard drive for?

What purpose you use external hard drive for?

Hello friend I am just starting this thread to just know for what purpose do you use your External hard Disk for? As I know that there will be really good answers and some shocking answers too. So please share with everyone what you do.

Re: What purpose you use external hard drive for?

I have taken an external hard disk for taking backup of all kind of images as I am a photo lover and I do takes pictures very much and because of which my computer was getting full. I have 1 Tb hard disk but because of all images it was almost full so I had to take a new Portable so that I can keep all the images in there. I was shocked when I can transferred all the images from my computer to portable that time I came to know that there are more than 500 GB of images.

I do have a habit or you can say hobby kind of thing as I do keep on watching movies. I usually download it form internet or get it from friends. I do not delete those movies which I like. I am 35 years old so now you can imagine how many moves I would be having as I am having 2 * 2 Tb of Seagate Barracuda XT hard disk. And out of which one hard disk is full and other is going to get full within some months. Let me tell you that I do have all the movies with HD Quality blue-ray print only. So It takes more place.

I also have 2 External Hard Disk. One I have kept for my personal use and the other is used in my office. I do have a small office with 5 employees so what I have done is made one computer as a server and connected all the other machines to it and attached the external to that server and told everyone to save all their data in that external driver itself. It helps us to share data with others.

Seems people are using their external/portable for various good stuffs. Interesting. Even I would like to share what I use my External harddisk for. As I am a college boy I do have many of my projects, assignments, etc which I have to take it to any of the friend if required. So I use my portable for the same. Not only that much I also use it for saving some kind of music and movies also.

Basically I have a 512Gb of Portable Hard disk which I use for my backup as I have kept all the important files in my computer and also have taken the backup of that files in my portable HDD as if anything goes wrong with my computer any time I have the backup of all my important data with me. Sometimes I also do use my portable to take some big games or movies from my friends.