Thread: Music and Games breaks after defragging Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD

Music and Games breaks after defragging Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD

I have Asus G74SX laptop which has 120GB of SSD Hard drive. Somebody told me that defragmentation makes your hard drive smoother so I defragmented my Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB hard drive. But since then instead of getting smoother i started getting some problems with the same.

The problem is sound is breaking for few seconds wheneve i try to play any song on mu laptop. I also get this problem sometimes while playing games. Is my hard drive damaged? Will it be fixed if i format my hard drive ? Anyone have any solution then please help.

re: Music and Games breaks after defragging Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD

I dont know why you need to defrage SSD drive as they dont have any spinning Platters. Defragmentation is actually required drives that create any error. Where you getting any kind of problem or error with your Drive ?

Well, you can try to fix it by Formatting. See if it works, and if not, simply try updating the firmware. If you still get the same problem better contact to support center of Muskin and tell them your problem in details. Hope they can help you in some way.

re: Music and Games breaks after defragging Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by gameli View Post
    I dont know why you need to defrage SSD drive as they dont have any spinning Platters. Defragmentation is actually required drives that create any error. Where you getting any kind of problem or error with your Drive ?

Well, you can try to fix it by Formatting. See if it works, and if not, simply try updating the firmware. If you still get the same problem better contact to support center of Muskin and tell them your problem in details. Hope they can help you in some way.
    Thank you friend, I solved this problem by formatting my SSD hard drive and now it is working fine. Thank you for your reply.

Re: Music and Games breaks after defragging Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD

Do not defragment ur SSD
    --------------------------------
    Defragmentation is only meant for regular mechanical HDD not SSD's, defragmenting SSD will seriously reduce its lifetime.

Enable TRIM @ all costs
    --------------------------------
    TRIM is an almost mandatory feature for SSDs that should be enabled. TRIM is only available on Win7 or WinServer 2008; Make sure to enable it. You do do this by running command prompt as admin & keying in "fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0" (without the quotes)

Disable SuperFetch, Prefetch, ReadyBoost, and ReadyDrive
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    In windows you have many pre fetching & optimizations, these are somewhat useful if you own a regular mechanical HDD; Not @ all useful on an SSD, turn these off to improve your SSD lifetime & relative performance.

** Your SSD will run/work somewhat ok even without following the above steps; But a laptop with an SSD does not come cheap, if you dont do the above chances are that ur SSD might fail within a year possibly.
    If you have any doubts, post back.