Thread: Looking for bios update of HP Vectra VEI8

Looking for bios update of HP Vectra VEI8

To fix a old system at my workplace I am looking for bios update. The model of that system is HP Vectra VEI8. It is just used for basic purpose to run in-house app that keep a tracks of visitor logins. Now the issue is that it has a small hard drive size. It is a old 40GB drive which has many bad sectors. I want to add a new 80GB but the system board is not accepting it. I found in documentation that says this system does not support a 80gb drive due to bios limitation. Is there anyone who can guide me, how can I increase the current size and get a better benefit out of it.

Re: Looking for bios update of HP Vectra VEI8

In one word impossible. There is no bios update available for that and you might require to find some person who is expert in bios patching. He can write a custom bios for you but that would be chargeable. And also if the custom bios did not work or failed to give you what you want, there is nothing you can do to get refund. I had searched on official website of hp and found that they do not provide any new patch for this system. Instead of going for a 80GB drive add a new 40Gb drive to that computer and use till it survives. It would be far more better to invest in new system which can provide all latest feature and 3 year warranty support. So in case if anything happens your hardware would be replaced for free. There are certain similar models of chipset which are used in your system. You can try their bios version. But if you failed to find the right version your system can be dead permanently.

Re: Looking for bios update of HP Vectra VEI8

I too might not recommend you to go for custom bios update. That is a kind of risky job, especially for such a old system. Better look for new motherboard instead of hard drive. Because this new board can help you to have good ram and storage space.