Thread: Corsair AX750W is restarting after shutdown

Corsair AX750W is restarting after shutdown

I have recently installed the Corsair AX750W. After this when I started my system then all the things are running well. After 3 hours of use, I turned it off but it booted again automatically after a few seconds. If I turn it off again then the same thing happens again. I need to unplug the power to turn it off. I can’t understand that problem is with the hardware or software. Can someone over here know the reason for this issue? Please help me to get the problem resolved.

Re: Corsair AX750W is restarting after shutdown

This is the problem related to the BIOS. So what you can do is, press the restart button and while your computer is getting restarted keep on pressing the del button. This will open the BIOS interface. Move to the advance option using arrow keys from your keyboard. In the advance option, you will get something like “restart after power failure”. Go to that option and set that option to false. This is the only change that you need to do into the BIOS and after that save the changes by pressing F10 and exit from BIOS. Boot in normal windows mode. Now, turn off your computer and see if that is getting booted again. I don’t think that this time you will get that issue.

There is one small change that you need to do in the registry to get this problem resolved. It is very easy to do.

First of all, click on start and from there select run. In the run box, you will have to type regedit and press enter. This will open the registry editor. From the left navigation pane, navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and from there click the "PowerdownAfterShutdown".
    See if that is set to 1 or 0. Anyways, you will just have to change it whatever value it has. If that is set as 1 then change that 0 and if that is set as 0 change that to 1 and press enter button. After saving the changes, close the registry editor.

Make sure that you don’t play with any of the other settings from there. Now restart your computer to make the changes to take effect. Now turn the computer off and check if that get restarted again. If the problem persists then reverse the changes from the registry editor and make then what it was as default.

Have you turned off the hibernation feature? If not then you must try by doing that. To get the hibernation feature, you can go to the control panel and from there click on display. Now click on the display tab and open the sub-tab screensaver. You will find the hibernate under power from there. You must turn off the hibernate feature and save the changes.

If that solves the problem for you then it is OK otherwise there is one more thing that you can try. Right click on my computer icon and select properties. This will open the property window with many tabs. Open the advanced tab and click on the settings from the startup and recovery. Now you will see there is one option as automatically restart with a checkbox next to it. Uncheck this option if this is selected and click on save button. Good luck!!!