Thread: PCI extender recommendations

PCI extender recommendations

I am willing to get a PCI extender for moving the sound card a bit far from the graphic card. Actually I am willing to do the same as the environment inside the case is getting pretty much warm and I don’t want to take any risk of damaging my hardware’s.

I am not aware of the PCI extenders as I have never used them by now but according to current situation I have been suggested to use PCI extenders. So I just wanted to know that is there any side effects of using them or it will be just normal? which will be the best one to get? Any suggestions?

Re: PCI extender recommendations

No I don’t think that there will be any issues but you will have to look out for the space between the video card and the sound card in your case. I mean you will have to get a PCI extender according to the distance between them so that they fit well. I think that a “Flexible PCI Riser/Extender “will do the best job here. It can be used for extending a PCI card in such situations without any issues. It is quite flexible and you will just have to make sure that the PCI cards are mounted properly in safe location to avoid any kind of short. The “Flexible PCI Riser/Extender “ has an Excellent EMI characteristic and has Gold-plated fingers. You can get it for $23.00 in the local market as well.

I have found another riser which is “Habey HB-PCI90PCI Flexible 32 bit PCI Riser/Extender/Right Angle adapter – OEM” you can get it from newegg and it is quite cheap as well. It can be used as a flexible right angle extender for mounting PCI card in number of locations. It is also compatible with HABEY model: EPC-6564, EPC-6566, FW-1032, FW-1034.

You can check it out and if you don’t like it then you can return it for refund within: 30 days. Just check it out and let me know if you like it or not. There are some “Dual Flexible PCI Riser/Extender” as well, if you want then you can check them out as well as they can be of more use in the future.

Thanks for the same guys but I have checked out these extenders and I have found that they are just 50mm long and I doubt that they will be enough. I was planning to use the sound card in the PCI-E x1 slot of the board but since a capacitor is coming between the path I have to use a extender and as far as I am aware I will need 250mm + one to move it to a safer side in my case. I have checked out for such long extenders but I have not yet came across them, I doubt if there are such large extenders. Is there any other option left for me? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

As far as I am aware it should be long enough. You have two option one is 1.4"H x 4.5"W and the other one is 1.9" H x 4.5"W. I have found that the Flexible PCI Riser/Extender “is 3" long and in the standard version and one won’t be able to remove the cable as it is soldered onto the PCBs but then if you need a long one then you can get any desired cable length or can request removable option (-R) by paying some additional cost. You can check out for the same in local stores and check out if they are able to provide you a 250mm + “Flexible PCI Riser/Extender “ . best of luck.