Thread: After changing to corsair HX850 my system won’t resume from sleep

After changing to corsair HX850 my system won’t resume from sleep

Initially I had Hiper PSU installed into my machine, it worked well for a year without giving me any problem. In fact its working fine but just for a change and for more improved performance I decided to go for replacing the PSU. And the PSU search ended up landing me with a new corsair HX850, I found it quite impressive and therefore I bought it. But I think this HX850 is not as good as it is said to be with the computer machine. In fact after installing the PSU my computer gone completely mad and now I am not able to get the problem fixed. After the installation I found that every time system goes to sleep mode it doesn’t resume even after moving the mouse. Tried all the things that are probably able to wake the machine from the sleep mode but seems like everything failed. There’s nothing more a PSU replacement I did but even then don’t know for what reason I am facing this issue.

Theirs is no way the HX850 is not compatible with my motherboard. I have a P8P67 Deluxe board and before buying this PSU I made sure that it is very well compatible with my motherboard but then why I am getting this issue? When I again install my old PSU removing this new one, things go smoother as before with a successful resume after sleep. No doubt, my machine is completely fine; rather there is something wrong with the Corsair PSU. But “What” is the question going around in my mind. Please help me out and let me know the main reason for this issue, until then I will stay happy with my old PSU as its still working fine and good with the board.

Re: After changing to corsair HX850 my system won’t resume from sleep

When searched on Google about this issue found number of threads with the similar issue but none of them had a proper solution for it. However the most common thing I noticed was that in most of the threads the issue was between the power supply and the P67 chipset.

Even I am at the same stage where you are placed. I am having the same trouble with Corsair HX850. Anyways after a deep search on internet I decided to take the responsibility and test certain things. I wasn’t having a PSU other than this current existing one so therefore I borrowed my friends and tested it under my system and found that it was working great. I got sure that the problem was with the corsair HX850 that I have. But there came a twist, he also had another PSU of Corsair i.e. HX520, I casually decided to give it a try as I was sure that the issue is only with the PSU that is present with me but unfortunately found the same problem with HX520 too. When installed this PSU and kept the system sleep for hours I found that the system was unable to resume from sleep.

Unless I tested my machine with HX520 I thought the problem was only with one Corsair model but now the entire Corsair models are faulty. It would be much better if Corsair looking into this issue and verify the things. Their products are now really creating problem to the customers. Anyone else having PSU especially a Corsair PSU and facing the same problem let me know and please share your experience here.

A small suggestion to you all, it’s not a solution but a kind of work around for you. Rather than trying and keeping your machine on sleep mode why don’t you try Standby? As far as I know they do not make much difference in their task but are used to make the PC to sleep and keep the activities still until you wish to skip and resume the mode. I am not sure what result you might get but its better you try out all the still options i.e. Standby, hibernate and sleep (you tried it already). Let’s see where you end up and what result you get, after trying them out let me know the result. If Standby mode works fine then better stay with it rather of playing around with the components.

I don’t trying out different modes is going to make any difference. I mean keeping your system on a standby mode will definitely show you the same behavior that you encounter with the sleep mode. So it’s useless to waste your time on such trail and errors but if you still want to give it a try, for your satisfaction you can try it.

Anyways I am not here to talk about the system modes and their affects instead I came here to share an interesting fact with you all. After looking into the issue minutely I have found that the problem is not just created with the Corsair PSU’s but also with the Asus P8P67 motherboards. As one of the above friends mentioned that such sleep issue causes only with the use of Corsair PSU; there’s a fact in his saying but not completely. I have noticed that the issue occurs only when we have a combination of Asus P8P67 board and Corsair PSU. They have already been proved as not working properly together causing problem when the machine goes to the sleep mode. I am sure all the issues that has been posted here must be sharing or having the combination of Corsair and Asus. They have been one of the most incompatible pair in a computer system. so better change either of the one if you wanted to get rid of the problem. Best recommended replacement would be the PSU (as the PSU has less value and cost than the board) and not the board.

If replacement is coming into the picture and especially if you are talking about a PSU replacement then I think Cooler Master PSU would be the best one at this stage. Currently Cooler Master PSU are the one that are very reliable, efficient and also promising than other PSUs. Most importantly if you are a Asus P8P67 or P9P67 board user then definitely this PSU is the one that you are looking out for. I have already tried it in my P9P67 system. It fits well and also works great. When I installed the PSU and let my system to sleep for few hours just for the testing purpose I found that the system woke up properly. Problem is sorted out. Definitely Corsair PSUs and Asus boards have some problem with each other.