Thread: Replacing Logitech G15 with G510 or any other?

Replacing Logitech G15 with G510 or any other?

Currently I am having the Logitech G15 but I found that the controls on that is a bit uncomfortable and so I want to change it. I searched for that on web and there are many of options available. I am thinking to get the Logitech G510 but before that it will be better to have a look at the other available alternatives as well. So I am posting here to get some suggestion from people out here.

Re: Replacing Logitech G15 with G510 or any other?

The best that I can recommend you is the Roccat Valo Gaming Keyboard. The Roccat Valo is having 41 macro keys. You can use it for a total of 500 assignable buttons and save it into five sections, each with four layers. So you will always have on hand all shortcuts. With the macro pause button you will be able to pause a macro at any time or cancel it with the Macro key or even kill. Special feature of the Valo is the profile-2-Go. Four of the five profiles are stored on the hard disk. The Profile-2-Go can be saved directly to the 2 MB of internal memory of the keyboard so that there is no need to access hard disk at any time. In this way you have all the profile assigned to macros and settings. So it does not matter whether you connect the keyboard to your laptop or just take them with friends or on a LAN.

You will get the perfect view, so you never lose track of your macros. Keys are made with blue color so that it will be easier to access the correct key even if playing in dark. The two-line liquid crystal display shows various information. You can individually adjust any type of information you want to get on the LCD, that is: the current date and time or the CPU and RAM usage of your computer, profile that you are using, new emails or Skype messages. In addition, the LCD provides information about the macro recording and indicates which button you need to press next.

Other than the Logitech brand, you can also consider to have the razer lycosa. It will give you a solid feeling and good typing experience as well. It is also good with the macro capabilities. It also provides good LED lighting so that you will not have any problem while working/playing in night. I am using the same keyboard and have a good experience with gaming as well as normal use.

If you wish to stick with the same brand then Logitech G110 Keyboard will be a better option for you. I only trust Logitech because I think that they are the best in computer peripherals. If we talk about the G series then this is very successful in market. The Logitech G110 Keyboard is having a lot of features like built-in USB audio, micro keys etc. With this keyboard, you will get good protection because it comes with double cardboard box. You will find the design of the keyboard very simple and comfortable to use. You will get the drivers for Windows as well as MAC OS X. You can configure any micro key to use it as a keystroke. You can also make your own micro editor from the macro manager. You can have three configuration profiles and that you can switch by pressing the key M1, M2 and M3. The best part is that you can assign a special backlight color for each profile.

The layout for the G110 is very standard. The twelve macro keys on the left makes the gameplay experience very easy because we have easy and quick access to them. You may find that this keyboard is a bit big as compared to others. If you look at the back of the keyboard then you will find a small glossy area which attracts the dusts and helps you to make your keyboard free from dust. Logitech G110 is having single USB 2.0 connection that can be used with keyboard functionality and also with other features.

See, if you look for alternative keyboard then there are many available. Now it depends on you for which one you select. In my case, I am using the razer tarantula. This keyboard is very sleek and comes with a good key layout and smart design. You can also customize the keys according to your need. Saving custom profiles in the keyboard is also possible because it is having built-in memory. There is one bad point with this keyboard however, it consumes fair amount of desk space and there are some people who do not like this. If you are not a serious gamer then you might find it a little expensive but for gamers, this keyboard is worth for its price.

Here are some of the other good gaming keyboards that you can look for sure as well. Choose any one that fits into your budget and requirement.

• Microsoft SideWinder X6
    • SteelSeries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
    • Saitek pz08au