Thread: Computer freezes when PCI is detected by cpu-id or everest

Computer freezes when PCI is detected by cpu-id or everest

I have installed Windows 7 on my computer and have overclocked my system to 4.5 GHz. Now, whenever I make use of the cpu-id or everest to get information then my system get freezes. This is not random, It happens all the times whenever I open the cpu-id or everest. I have waited for 30 mins with the hope that it will come back but there was no change. Once it is done then I have just one option and that is to restart the computer. I am not able to understand that if the problem is with the system or with the cpu-id or everest. Can somebody help me to get this resolved? Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Computer freezes when PCI is detected by cpu-id or everest

Are you getting some error message on the screen when the system freezes? If yes then please post with that error message because that will help us to get the reason/solution for this problem. Other than this, please check that if you are running any of the motherboard utilities in your computer?

If yes then there is possibility that it is conflicting with the several different applications and drivers. If this is the situation in your case then you can simply end that utility and try again with the cpu-id or everest. If the problem that you are facing is because of the conflicting utility then this time your system will not be frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoli View Post
    I have installed Windows 7 on my computer and have overclocked my system to 4.5 GHz. Now, whenever I make use of the cpu-id or everest to get information then my system get freezes. This is not random, It happens all the times whenever I open the cpu-id or everest. I have waited for 30 mins with the hope that it will come back but there was no change. Once it is done then I have just one option and that is to restart the computer. I am not able to understand that if the problem is with the system or with the cpu-id or everest. Can somebody help me to get this resolved? Please reply as soon as possible.
    Have you enabled the Crossfire? I would like to tell you that the Everest will not function if the crossfire in enabled. So in that case, if you run any of the operation with the Everest, like stability tests or information for sensor then your computer is going to be frozen. There are many of the other effects that it can show but system freeze is the most common problem is the system freeze. So you can simply disable the Crossfire when you are running the cpu-id or everest.

Why don’t you use HWMonitor. This is the best that I can recommend you. HWMonitor is the best programs with which you can monitor all the information about the system such as voltages, temperatures, fans speed. Other than this, you can also read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors.

With the help of this program, you will also be able to manage most common sensor chips. So if you are not able to get the problem resolved then you can change the software and switch to the HWMonitor.

I don’t think that there is any problem with motherboard. I think that some of the installed files for the Everest are corrupted. You can try by uninstalling and reinstalling the Everest in your computer. Most of the times this solves the problem but if in this case the problem persist then you can download Sandra Software Suite. I am using the same and I can say that this is better than the cpu-id or everest.

There is very less possibility for this but of you have some of the security software installed in your system then that might be restriction the access to the information on system. So just disable the security temporarily and after that check for the information from cpu-id or everest. See if it is causing the same problem with the system.

Other than this, before running the cpu-id or everest, open the task manager and see what are the programs running in your computer. Close all the additional programs that are running unnecessarily. Once you have ended all such programs then you can again run the cpu-id or Everest. If some of the additional running process is conflicting with the cpu-id or Everest then this time it will not freeze your system.