Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Without unplugging headphones, how to use internal speakers as well on iMac

Hardware Peripherals

Old 27-05-2012

Without unplugging headphones, how to use internal speakers as well on iMac

I am Mac user and am using iMac from last six months. I like to listen songs on my iMac so sometime I used headphones for listening songs or sometime i listen on my internal speakers, but when I plug in my headphones into the iMac it start playing inside my headphones. If I want to listen songs through my internal speakers I always have to remove my headphones. Is there any way that I can listen songs through my internal speakers without removing my headphones. If anyone has solution for this issue, please reply me.

Old 27-05-2012

Re: Without unplugging headphones, how to use internal speakers as well on iMac

Yup, you can use your internal speaker even if you are attached headphones to your iMac. Itís very easy, go to system preferences, click sound, click output tab. In output tab you can select any option such as headphones or internal speaker or here is one more thing that you can try. Go to Utilities in that you will see sound in sound you will find MIDI Setup application. Install that application and then go to Audio device tab. In Audio Device tab you can select whatever output device you wanted to select.
Old 27-05-2012

Re: Without unplugging headphones, how to use internal speakers as well on iMac

Hey dude I have solution for this. Which will work for your iMac; use a headphone extension cable for switching internal speakers or headphones. This will help you to fix your issue and you can select whichever device you want to use for listening songs. The headphone extension cables are easily available in market, so you can easily buy it from anywhere near to your places. You can buy small or long cable in length as per your requirement. By using this headphone extension cable you can easily attach your headphones to cable and you can listen songs through your headphones , but when you want to listen through your internal speaker you have to remove headphones.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,