Thread: Is it good to adjust EQ of headphones

Is it good to adjust EQ of headphones

As the title saying itself what I wanted to discuss over here. I used to listen lots of songs on my computer by using Head Phone. I noticed EQ setting while playing music on Winmap media player running on the system. I bit curious about this particular EQ settings. Can you tell me what is the purpose of the same? What should be effect if I use it. Also finale question tell me if it would make any damage to my headphone.

re: Is it good to adjust EQ of headphones

This particular settings allow to improved listening experience on your headphone. In fact by using parameter you will get OETF, higher fidelity on headphone. You should know that capacity to handle sound differs from person to person. It helps you to get better sound effect on your headphone. You should make use of sine wave to set EQ. Once you should set EQ simply use pink noise. You must take care of the thing that EQ should not be too rough or smooth either. As far as I know EQ settings would not make any damage if you had made settings in appropriate manner.

In simple terms you can make changes into frequency of music as per requirement. Normally while playing music on computers we supposed to use EQ to maintain balance between treble and bass. We can find out the same in various media player applications. To get the proper effect you must EQ in proper manner, also it will give you nearness or distance effect of sound if it is properly setup. Right now couple of EQs are available in the market which are parametric EQ and semi-parametric. It helps you to divides the frequencies into several band. So that it becomes quite easy to handle all the content.

Normally users are supposed to use Graphic EQ and Shelving EQ. Both of them are differing from each other by various mean. In Graphic EQ, we are having several sliders that enable us to boost or cut down the frequencies of the sound. If it is developed appropriately, the music which is being played would reflect with the pattern of sliders. It should be consist of 7 to 31 bands. One should use the same if he is not much concerned about precision. The thing frequency and bandwidth should be affected by user input.

Where as in Shelving EQ, the frequencies of sound would move around cutoff point. so far I have seen two of EQ which are high pass and slow pass. In high Pass EQ all sound frequencies are passed over cutoff frequency and exactly contradictory thing happens with low pass EQ.