Thread: Expectations from iMac 2012

Expectations from iMac 2012

Apple released new iMac series in last year in the month of May. So now I am expecting that they should be thinking about releasing of new version of iMac with new hardware specifications. Tell me what you are supposed to expecting in iMac 2012? Will it would be same as that of older version? Or it will have some additional feature to it? Personally I am expecting it will have 1TB hard drive, 6GB RAM and Ivy Bridge processor. If you are having any other expectation feel free to post over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Expectations from iMac 2012

Right now 21.5-inch and 27-inch models are available in the market and I am expecting that same thing should be applied for upcoming version of iMac as well. New iMac should be having Ivy Bridge CPU and I am sure it will improve performance. It uses 3-D Tri-Gate transistors so power consumption should be low as compared to other CPU available in the market. As far as memory modules are concerned we are having several options. As iMac supposed to be powered by new processor , it will have support for 1600Mhz DDR3 memory. For hard disks, we are not having much option to think about hard disk. But I am expecting that hard drive size should be ranging 500GB to 2TB.The new graphic card should be using PCIe 3.0 socket so you will get advanced power consumption as well.

Well I am not expecting that iMac should not be having support for touchscreen. It should be having new retina display. I don’t think so it will not be difficult thing to do for Apple. To implement Ivy Bridge will not be a big thing we should be consider the same a normal up gradation of CPU. There should be new design and display.

In my Opinion CPU and GPU upgrade should be most interesting thing to see. Ivy Bridge should improve performance. Intel IGP with Open GL GPU support should be expected on iMac. Also DirectX 11 will improve the processing. I am not thinking that they will not redesign of machine. Right now Apple is providing Toshiba SSD in all their iMac. Right now they are not providing SATA 6Gb/s controller. If they are not able to get implement SATA 6Gb/s controller then again SATA 3Gb/s SSD provided in iMac 2012.

We should be able to easily adjust between landscape mode to portrait mode as we can do in iPad or iPhone. There should be multitouch screen support. I will really appreciate if they provides AMD Radeon HD 6970M. Right now SSD provided by Apple are not worth at all. Rather than there should be an option available to customize hard drive as per requirement. However I am not expecting that there will not be Blu Drive support on iMac. USB standard should be upgraded to 2.1 to 3.0 I am not able to figure out why they are providing separate hdmi and thunderbolt. In fact there should single port that is thunderbolt.

Right now I am not having much expectation on Apple. However there should be latest version of CPU, higher performance hard drive. Also higher performance graphic card and wireless keyboard. There are very less chances to get blu-ray support. Another point which I wanted to discuss about price point of view of new device.