Thread: Blu-ray DVD wont play on HP Pavilion DV7

Blu-ray DVD wont play on HP Pavilion DV7

I am using HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook from last 6 months i didn’t had any problem with it. But from past few days I am facing problem with Blu-ray DVD drive. I had inserted original Blu-ray movie DVD to play but it showing the error message "insert the disc" though the disk is already inserted. It’s not recognizing the disk.

What can i do to fix this issue ? please help.

Re: Blu-ray DVD wont play on HP Pavilion DV7

There is tool called Power DVD 10 and it’s totally free for HP users. Use this link to download Power DVD 10 tool . Save the file in your download folder. Once downloaded, run the file to install it. After installing the software, restart your laptop. Now open your DVD/CD Blu-ray drive and insert your Blu-ray movie DVD. Now try to play your Blu-ray DVD. I hope this will help you out with your Blu-ray drive problem

Re: Blu-ray DVD wont play on HP Pavilion DV7

Quote Originally Posted by Janya View Post
    I am using HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook from last 6 months i didn’t had any problem with it. But from past few days I am facing problem with Blu-ray DVD drive. I had inserted original Blu-ray movie DVD to play but it showing the error message "insert the disc" though the disk is already inserted. It’s not recognizing the disk.
    I have solution for this. HP just released the latest version of HP Media Smart DVD player. Download the HP Media Smart DVD player (4.2.4701) from the following link HP Support & Drivers. Before installing new version of HP Media Smart program delete old version. Now start with installation of new version, while installation follow the instruction. After installations try your all blu-ray DVD’s which are not playing previously. This solution may resolve your problem.