| || |
Join Date: Jun 2011
Re: How to upgrade Iomega HMNHD to Firmware v2.104
Firmware updates provides performance and improvement for your home media network drive. Follow the instruction for updating firmware on Iomega HMNHD:
- Before installing firmware first create back up for your data.
- If it is necessary then only download and update firmware.
- Remove all connected USB devices.
- Download the hmnhd-firmware-update-2104.zip archive from the Iomega website to your local hard disk and extract the hmnhd-firmware-2.104 update file on your local hard disk.
- If you are using windows then check the Iomega Home Storage Manager icon in the System Tray or Menu Bar and if you are MAC user then select your drive from the Configure submenu.
- Enter the administrator password if you have created or else you donít have to enter password because default password is blank.
- Click on the System menu button in the left-hand column, and then click the System Tasks tab.
- Now click the update button.
- Now click the Choose File button to search for your hard disk for the hmnhd-firmware-2.104 update.
- After selecting your update file, click on apply button.
Thats it. Once its installed, hard disk will reboot automatically. For better performance wait for 15 minutes and after 15 minutes you can use your hard drive with updated firmware.