Thread: No sound after plugging Logitech G930 Headset on Fedora 15

No sound after plugging Logitech G930 Headset on Fedora 15

I have been running Fedora 15 in my system and have recently bought Logitech G930 Headset. The problem that I am facing now is that when I am connecting the Headset then I am not getting any sound from the headphones, I have tried changing the possible settings but then they have just not helped.. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this issue?? Any suggestions?

Re: No sound after plugging Logitech G930 Headset on Fedora 15

Before I suggest you something about the same, I wanted to know the below things:
    1. Are you getting sounds from the speakers?
    2. Is it getting recognized in the sound settings?
    3. Which is the window manager in your case?? Is it Gnome? or KDE?

Just answer me these questions so that I can get a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Answering you in the same way.
    • I am able to get sound from the speaker but not from the headphones.
    • I have found that it is getting recognized in the sound settings but then I don’t know why I am not getting any input or output from the headphones.
    • I am using Gnome 3.0.1 window manager.

Is there anything else that I need to check out, is there anything workaround that I can try out here to get rid of the issue?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Since you are using Gnome 3.0.1 window manager I will suggest you to Right click on the sound icon and select "Sound Preferences", after that Select "Hardware" tab, now you will get a list of all the sound devices that might be installed on your system. So just check if your Logitech G930 Headset is in the list or not, if you are not able to find out the same then you will have to get the recommended driver for the device, if you get it in the list then select the "Output" tab and enable the headset entry by clicking on it. When you are done with the same then go to the Hardware tab again and select headset and click on "Test Speakers" button to check out the current status of the device. Other than this make sure that the pulseaudio daemon is running. If you don’t know how to check then use the below code:
    pulseaudio --check
    echo $?

If you get '1' as output then it is running, if you get something else then it might have not been started and you will have to use the below code for enabling it.
    "pulseaudio --start".
    Just check out the requested things and post back the response that you get for further help.