Thread: Script to have backlight flash in different patterns for Logitech G510 keyboard?

Script to have backlight flash in different patterns for Logitech G510 keyboard?

I have just recently bought this Logitech G510 keyboard, very nice keyboard but there is something that I need to know regarding this keyboard. I was looking on the web and saw few article that mentioned that few user have a script for this keyboard by which they can have the different patterns for flash backlits. So I was just wondering if that kind of scripting is possible with this keyboard also. Is there any software for that because I have looked everywhere but not found any script editor for this purpose. I am having the Logitech Gaming Software 8.12 installed on the computer with the Game Panel. Is there anyone here can help me on this.

Re: Script to have backlight flash in different patterns for Logitech G510 keyboard?

This is indeed a great keyboard and it is possible to change the color of the key by the using the Logitech software. The fact script editor is already build in the Logitech software. To access that go in menu option and then from here you can create a script to get backlight in various patterns. There are few third party software that can manage this but I am not aware of such kind of software. You will find that option in the G-series Key Profiler in Edit menu.

Re: Script to have backlight flash in different patterns for Logitech G510 keyboard?

Thanks for the reply I really appreciated that and this is how I get to the scripting, I just went to the profile and right click on that and selected the scripting. I have made a script and when I press the G1 , it does nothing. I tried so may types of script but nothing helped. Am I missing something here , is there any kind of function that I need to be activate for it to work , can someone here help me on this I will be appreciating that

Here is my script

Code:
    function OnEvent(event, arg)

if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1) then

-- G1 has been pressed

ClearLCD()

OutputLCDMessage("Rockstar", 1500)

Sleep(1500)

SetBacklightColor(240, 10, 40)

end
    end

I think for that to work you need to select the profile from the keyboard's LCD G-series profile selector. Once profile is created you need to activate the profile from the keyboard's LCD buttons. Now expand the time shown on the LCD like the following :
    Code:
    function OnEvent(event, arg)
          if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1) then
              -- G1 has been pressed
              ClearLCD()
              OutputLCDMessage("Rockstar", 6000)
              Sleep(6000)
              SetBacklightColor(240, 10, 40)
          end
      end
    One more thing you need to take care is there should be no other application apart from the G-series scripting display. Remove all the check marks for application apart from the one that will in the G510 column.