Thread: Is there any Mechanical Logitech keyboard?

Is there any Mechanical Logitech keyboard?

Logitech has been my favorite brand for most of my computer peripherals like for mouse, keyboard and webcams. There are different types of keyboard from Logitech like regular as well as gaming keyboard. But I could not able to get single mechanical keyboards from Logitech. I have found a few from other manufacturers but I do not want to get those since I always want to lie on Logitech only. I have see that these mechanical keyboards are outperforming well than the regular keyboards.

Re: Is there any Mechanical Logitech keyboard?

I don’t know for what reason you are still looking at the mechanical keyboards. Actually I ran away from the mechanical keyboards several years ago and I never turned back since then. Right now I am only using the Logitech MX5500 for gaming as well as a Logitech Wave for typing. Both are performing well and I didn’t see any issues till now. I can honestly say that the MX5500 is best for gaming because it does not make much noise from the keys and all. Yet, there are no separate mechanical keyboards from Logitech. Logitech might have already quit from the manufacturing of those keyboards. If there any I would like to hear some suggestion from you.

Right now I am also looking for a quality Mechanical Keyboard which contains red glowing switches. I mean I need a keyboard which keys are illuminated from the inside. So far I have only 2 choices, Logitech G700 or Razer Naga Hex. I don’t want to use them for gaming and all. It is just for light use. Also other mechanical keyboards which I looked forward are:
    • OCN Ducky Shine
    • Filco Majestouch-2
    • CM Quickfire Rapid

Mechanical keyboards are not ergonomic keyboards. They are completely different which will tactile response from the key presses. The main facts of mechanical keyboards are they make noise. I mean when you hit a key, It make audible noise but there is no anti-ghosting, no input lag, and durability. If you have problem with wrist, you would better look for an ergonomic keyboards or a keyboard with better wrist pad

I know its really hard to find Mechanical keyboard from the Logitech. There are some keyboards available from Razer but I really don’t like them. All of them got really bad reviews. There were few problem reported by users regarding keys rubbing each other faulty LED. Whenever you go for purchasing a mechanical keyboard, you have to choose which type of mechanical key switches you want on your keyboard. There are few different technologies used in such keys and it varies from one maker to another. You should experience the different mechanical keyboards with different mechanical switches before actually buying them.

My favorite one is Cherry MX "Black" switches with backlighting. You can also choose Deck Keyboards' model but they are little expensive. As for Logitech you can go for any Logitech board with backlighting. All of them performed well. Finally don’t go for Corsair's new keyboards because none of them are fully mechanical

I am looking forward to get a MS Wireless Laser Keyboard 7000. I like this model because it is a full mechanical keyboard. Due to its faster response rate, it is a good choice for gamers and typists.

The major benefit of having mechanical keyboard is you can press 'strange' combinations of buttons at once without any difficulty. If you are only looking for the Logitech keyboards, the newer G110 and G510 are the best choice. They are not mechanical but the good value for their spec. Also there is an in-built soundcard and customizable backlight options which is definitely good for gaming.

Recently I have replaced my Logitech keyboard with a screen and media keys with a Filco which contains a cherry MX brown switches. After that I never look behind toward the Logitech. Their build quality was noticeably better and the keys feel really good than the Logitech one. I really appreciate design of the mechanical switches in this when I typing. key pressing is more accurate and I can feel how much force I am applying to activate a key. I don’t see any benefit while gaming but WASD is quite puchable. If you are getting a mechanical keyboard, you should need to compromise several features but advantages outside the game is really worth.