Thread: Internal Speakers not working on HP DC7100

Internal Speakers not working on HP DC7100

I am using HP DC7100 with Windows Xp. Suddenly it has started giving me problems. HP DC7100 is having internal speaker which was working properly earlier but now I am not getting sound from it. Its not working even after disconnecting my external speaker. If have also open sound setting from the control panel in my system but I didn’t find anything related to it. I have installed all the windows updates and then restarted my system but it didn’t help me to solve this problem.

Re: Internal Speakers not working on HP DC7100

I think you should try restoring your system to any previous restore point and see if it works. I am not sure whether it will help or you not but in many cases performing the system restore can resolve this type of problems. You have to also open your cabinet and then disconnect your speaker wire from your motherboard and then connect it again. Many timer due to loose connection this type of problem occurs and reconnecting the wire can fix this problem. Try this trick and then let me know whether your internal speaker has started working correctly or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Naq View Post
    I think you should try restoring your system to any previous restore point and see if it works. I am not sure whether it will help or you not but in many cases performing the system restore can resolve this type of problems. You have to also open your cabinet and then disconnect your speaker wire from your motherboard and then connect it again. Many timer due to loose connection this type of problem occurs and reconnecting the wire can fix this problem. Try this trick and then let me know whether your internal speaker has started working correctly or not?
    Reconnecting speaker wires dint solved the problem. Also I have not created any restore point in my system. So it is not possible to perform system restore. I have opened device manger in my computer and after that I have removed audio drivers and rebooted my computer. After rebooting the system I have installed audio drivers again in my computer but after doing that also I am having same problem with my system. Now please let me know what should I do to get rid of this problem?

You should download ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Driver version 5.12.1.4070 and install in your system and then your internal speaker of your computer will start working again. I solved same issue with the help of these drivers. First I have tried all the possible solution to resolve this issue but I was not able to fix this and then I have contact HP support and I have asked for the solution, they have told me to download ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Driver version 5.12.1.4070 and then I have downloaded the drivers and installed in my computer and my problem get solved. You can download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD.