Thread: Need help making computer compatible for Diablo 3

Need help making computer compatible for Diablo 3

I need a help or kind of suggestions as mentioned in my title. Actually I am planning to buy Diablo 3 soon but I think that my pc is bit out dated to handle the same. So I have been thinking about updating my PC specs.

Well I already have the keyboard that I have recently purchased with the mouse and the monitor. Now am planning to upgrade my cabinet components withing range of 500 to 650 $. The problem is that I am new in this and I am finding it hard to coming up with a good build for Diablo 3. I was thinking to go for the pre build for my lack of computer knowledge but now I am looking to build the computer by myself. I want to make it a gaming computer so that along with Diablo III it should able to run the skyrim on high settings.

So I need help on this. What component will be the best to achieve this ?I am thinking of intel since AMD seems to have a lot of issues with the game build by the Blizzard. So is there anyone here who can help me with this I will really appreciate that. Thanks in advance

Re: Need help making computer compatible for Diablo 3

I guess you have enough budget, even the build around 450 $ will able to run this game on constant 55 fps on the minimum settings at 1920x1090. So here is what I recommend that will help you to make the decision

• ASUS Motherboards- ASUS P8H61-M LE
    • Intel Pentium Processor G620 (3M Cache, 2.60 GHz)
    • Antec 300 Black Steel Body Mid-Tower Case
    • EVGA GTS 450 (Fermi) graphic card
    • RAIDMAX Hybrid RX-530SS PSU
    • liteon dvd burner driver
    • Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD
    • XPG Gaming Series DDR3 RAM

Hey. Even I am thinking to buy this game next month and I think that the PC that I am currently have is little less in handling this game. I need to have the good and fair gameplay experience. Now I know that the game build by the Blizzard is not known for pushing to the edge but the system that I have may bottleneck.

I think that the biggest problem that I have would be my existing core 2 duo processor. I was thinking to overclock that to 3.6 GHz but I doubt that will give any performance increase. There are two option that I have that is to use the core 2 duo processor that was given to me by my friend and overclock that to 3.0 GHz , or I will buy the LGA 1155 Socket Motherboards along with the cpu and ram. Will I be fine with the core 2 duo or I have to buy the motherboard ram CPU , please help me on this

I would like to suggest the few thing here for those who want to buy the system in 500 to 650 $ for Diablo III and Skyrim. , First, you can purchase the system by the online retailer. Just be careful and wait for the good deal and second thing is that you can purchase the parts from online retailers. Get the good deal and pay the local computer shop to assemble the PC for you .

They usually charge 60 to 70 $ for that and the last thing that you can do is find the local retailers and get the discount open-box items and see if you find the System that you need . To be frank if I have the budget of $650 I will go to the Best Buy and buy a good AMD Radeon HD 6670 in less than $110, with other system components that will be able to run the Diablo III easily.

I have the same question as well , I was looking for making the new computer, everything including the basic stuff like the keyboard, mouse etc. I have the computer bought my father about 6 yrs ago is not able to run the Starcraft II. I am now looking for the build that can run the Diablo 3 as well as applications like Photoshop including the Starcraft II game. I know that there are not a particular specs for the Diablo III but what I am trying to get a good gaming computer. I am not good in technical stuffs and specially for gaming, hence i hope someone from here can help me.

Yeah same here as well. Just need to upgrade the desktop so that I will be able to play high end games like Skyrim or Diablo III on medium to high setting. Right now I am having the PC with a small cabinet, I mean the case is too small (Acer aspire x3200) to fit the graphics card and a bigger power supply. Not sure if the motherboard can fit inside a decent sized pc. I am looking for One PC case, PSU of 650 Watt and the good graphic card. I need help because I am not good in hardwares and I certainly don’t trust the vender's advice as they will only looking for their profit .

Any help and suggestions would be highly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by padukon View Post
    Yeah same here as well. Just need to upgrade the desktop so that I will be able to play high end games like Skyrim or Diablo III on medium to high setting. Right now I am having the PC with a small cabinet, I mean the case is too small (Acer aspire x3200) to fit the graphics card and a bigger power supply. Not sure if the motherboard can fit inside a decent sized pc. I am looking for One PC case, PSU of 650 Watt and the good graphic card. I need help because I am not good in hardwares and I certainly don’t trust the vender's advice as they will only looking for their profit .

Any help and suggestions would be highly appreciated
    First of all you need to be certain that the IO shield is removed from your present case and I am not sure that pre-built computer cases like you have from Acer/Gateway has the micro-ATX standards. It would be nice if you will be able to get the size of the motherboard that is in your pc . If it’s of the proprietary size then you can use the current case and won’t be required a new case. And if I am not wrong then the Acer aspire x3200 has the DDR2 3GB RAM so that will be enough for the Diablo III.

GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard will be the best and you will get it around $50 to $80. But I am not sure that processor would fit as that don’t look as a Phenom II plus.

I know that everyone here asking the same question about the upgrade and requirement but I am not able to find the answer that I am looking for. I need some similar kind of help, but first have a look at my current specs
    • Intel Pentium E2140 processor
    • DDR2 RAM 1 GB
    • Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    • MICRO-STAR motherboard
    • 450 Watt PSU

Here i would like to know that if I add RAM , replace the graphic card and CPU, will it be ok for a normal gaming PC ? I heard that older motherboard wont support few latest CPUs. So do i need to change the motherboard as well? I really like to avoid the expenses on the motherboard as I am running out of budget and cant afford the high-end products. I just want to build the pc that can run the Diablo III smoothly.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0 GHz, RAM 4GB and some GFX card. I played the BETA on the same system without any issue with the default settings of the game when installed. I have this computer since 3.5 years but never had any kind of problem with the same. But here we are talking about you and by looking at your system its seems that the processor is the weak point but the point is that if you replace the CPU you need to change the motherboard as well. And if you upgrade your GFX card then the PSU will be bit short. If i would be at your place, I will be getting the following:
    • Antec P183 Black Aluminum case
    • Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 motherboard
    • Intel Core i7
    • RAM 16GB
    • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I would not spend on the GTX card as that will be more than enough for the Diablo III. I will be not playing lot of games. But looking at the system I would like to tell that you might have to completely change the system and get a new one with the budget that you afford. . If you have a better chassis you can reuse that.

Look like your pc don’t have the dedicated GPU so any upgrade that you will do will be more significant. You need to get the better PSU and Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power. As far as GPU is concern the Geforce GTX 440 is not worth for the $79.99. Instead, you can get most latest and much better GPU such as Radeon HD 7750 for about 109.99 $.