Thread: Getting error "Network Name Cannot Be Found" with WD2GO

Getting error "Network Name Cannot Be Found" with WD2GO

I am having an WD external hard drive. I am getting ‘Network Name Cannot Be Found’ error message whenever I am trying to share folders by means of WD2go. I would really appreciate if you can tell me about possible fix to resolve my issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting error "Network Name Cannot Be Found" with WD2GO

In this particular situation I think you will need to alter LmhostsTimeout value in the registry of your system. so try the following steps to resolve the issue.
    • Launch Regsitry editor by simply clicking on Start button and go for Run, enter regedit into it, hit enter.
    • Now browse for below mentioned registry key
    • Code:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
    • Double click on LmhostsTimeout and enter greater value into value data box as compared to previous one and click on Ok button.
    • You should create a new LmhostsTimeout entry if you do not find the same and do following steps to acheieve the same.
    • Right click on Parameters , click on New after that go for DWORD Value. Simply enter ‘LmhostsTimeout’ without quotes and press enter key of the keyboard.
    • Now double click on LmhostsTimeout and click on Decimal. Here you have to enter time ranging between 1000 and 4294967295 in value data box . after entering desire value click on Ok button. For you information here time is in milliseconds.
    • Close registry editor and reboot the system.

Well could be possible that the Microsoft security update is conflicting with WebDav service. To get rid out from the issue you should perform following.
    • Browse to C:\Windows\inf directory and you should search for netdav.inf.
    • Once you have find the above mentioned file, open the same with Notepad.
    • Look for below mentioned files

Code:
    [WebClient.AddService]
    DisplayName = %WebClient.ServiceDisplayName%
    ServiceType = 0x20
    • You should simply change ServiceType=0x20 to ServiceType=0x10
    • Save the file after doing the changes that you have done and restart your computer. also check and confirm that WebClient service is started on your system.

Let me know whether it worked for you.

I think you will need to install IPv6 on your system. you can do the same by using below mentioned instructions.
    • First of click on Start button and enter ‘ncpa.cpl,’ in Run and click on Ok button,
    • Select desired local area connection and right click on the same. from Right click you should go for Properties and click on Install button.
    • Click on Protocol in Click the type of network component you want to install list and click on Add button. After that click on Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 and click on Ok button again.
    • Finally close it.