Thread: Mounted usb disk not available after connecting another drive

Mounted usb disk not available after connecting another drive

Hello friends. I have connected an usb drive on the virtual machine. This was working well from past many days. I have bought a new drive recently and problem is that after connecting that drive in system my virtual drive disappears. I am not able to access that drive. It is also not coming in the disk management. This was never the problem from when I started using drive in this way. I have never faced such issues earlier and so I don’t have any idea regarding this. Can someone on this forum tell me that what is the problem with this and how can I get out of this?

Re: Mounted usb disk not available after connecting another drive

This is more likely problem with the DNS. If this is the case then it will be better for you if you can have access with the help of UNC. I would like to tell you that the UNC stands for Universal Naming Convention which is used for identifying the folders, files as well as programs which are there on the computer network. A UNC path starts with the two backslashes (\ \) and it is followed by computer name share and, usually, directories and / or file name. But before trying with this, it will be better for you if you can try by mounting the drive again. After connecting the new drive, there might be some mismatch for the name and which is leading to the issues like you are facing. This is the only thing that I can recommend you now and hope that it will be helpful to you. If you are having further problem with the virtual drive then please post back. Good Luck!!!

Re: Mounted usb disk not available after connecting another drive

If you have not rebooted the virtual machine after connecting the additional drive then it is very important to reboot the VM and see now if you can have access to the virtual drive. You have not mentioned that which operating system you are running in your computer. With the Windows XP it is not possible to read an Blue-ray iso and this is for the reason that Windows XP require to have the udf updater. It is not possible to the Windows XP to open the udf 2.5.