Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-05-2012

Scanner stopped working after updating to OS X Lion 10.7.4

My scanner does not work in Os X lion any longer. It was fine till yesterday but today after the new Lion update available from Software update ruined everything in my system. The canner connected to it is no longer functional from any application. There is no other way I can check the functionality using another scanner but the current scanner working fine in other Mac and other Windows computers. The recent update was OS X Lion 10.7.4.
Old 13-05-2012

Re: Scanner stopped working after updating to OS X Lion 10.7.4

As far as I know that the Installation and management of scanners will be done as a printer in OS X lion. Moreover it is also in the module "Printers & Scanners" in "System Preferences?. Your scanner should appear in the left column, under a heading "Scanners" just below the "Printers". If this is not the case, make sure the scanner is connected to the Mac and turned on. If your scanner does not appear, click the "+" button at the bottom left of this column, then in the window that opens, click "Default". Your scanner must be included. Select it and click the "Add" button. The button "Open the scanner ..." will start the scanning via manager installed by OS X LION. To share my scanner on my LAN, I check the box "Share this scanner on the network", and then I click on the "Sharing Preferences ..." to check the "Scanner sharing".
Old 13-05-2012

Re: Scanner stopped working after updating to OS X Lion 10.7.4

You probably will not even need to download these drivers for your scanner. Indeed, when you install a new scanner in OS X Lion, the system will automatically offer to download and install the latest version of drivers for your brand of scanner. These managers support a large number of scanners, allowing you to use it safely under 10.7.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,