Thread: Installing printer HP Laserjet 1022 Windows 7

Installing printer HP Laserjet 1022 Windows 7

Hello,

My printer HP Laserjet 1022 running Windows XP and Vista. Unable to use Windows 7. The drivers downloaded from HP does not work. Using Windows Update does not solve my problem! How to Print? Do you have a solution? What should I do, so that my printer HP Laserjet 1022 will work on Windows 7 ???? Thank you for your help.

Re: Installing printer HP Laserjet 1022 Windows 7

Microsoft made available a patch that corrects (normally expect you!) An issue that prevented the update of certain printer drivers, after installing (recent) of Framework 3.5! This patch, on my machine was for XP, however, Seven incorporating framework 3.5, it would be logical to think that the problem also affects! The problems with its drivers are recurring. In general, there are drivers provided by MS for the basic functions of the printer and this should pose no problem for single-function printers, which is the case of the LaserJet 1022.

But could you be more specific so that everyone benefits:
    - Is the module troubleshooting compatibility there been useful?
    - Have you started the installation of drivers HP "As Administrator"?
    - Did you use a compatibility mode and if so which one (Vista, Vista SP1 or SP2)?

My printer is still not installed :
    - Module troubleshooting compatibility gives me no solution
    - The driver downloaded from HP does not work with windows 7
    - I'm on the Seven RC office administrator! I did not create users with windows Seven Network.
    - I have not used a compatibility mode with Vista SP2 .

If you downloaded the latest Vista driver for your device, locate the setup executable file and right click on the file. Select the "Troubleshooting compatibility and the option of Windows 7 will run a check and then display a window that offers a selection of troubleshooting options, select" Try the recommended settings. Then you will be informed of the options that Windows 7 will use to install the software. Click the "Start Program button. This should start installing the driver software using the specified compatibility setting. Let us know if this printer up and running. HP is responsible for creating Windows 7 compatible drivers and are subject to Microsoft to ensure they meet minimum standards. I recommend that you let HP know that you want the drivers. You can also search the Internet for open source drivers for your device. These drivers are "use at your own risk", but if HP does not create Windows 7 compatible drivers for your device is an option that could be considered. Hopefully the compatibility settings will get you well.

I could finally solve the problem. HP has been a driver for this printer HP Laserjet 1022. The technique I used and works fully well is to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, printer plugged in and connected to the computer. Upgrade alone makes the link with the HP. Just click above and follow the intructions. driver installation is automatic and the printer works.

I have the same problem ,the printer works well with xp or vista but not with windows 7
    I downloaded the driver from hp site but not working also
    printer is not known to the office that it is present and even when it was known that it is present,it sends me an error msg saying there is spooler problem and i restarted it manulally but not working too

where is windows 7 adviser tool?

Quote Originally Posted by holi View Post
    I have the same problem ,the printer works well with xp or vista but not with windows 7
    I downloaded the driver from hp site but not working also
    printer is not known to the office that it is present and even when it was known that it is present,it sends me an error msg saying there is spooler problem and i restarted it manulally but not working too

where is windows 7 adviser tool?
    Alright, can you try to delete the printer from the computer's Devices and Printers Folder. After that go to this link and download the driver for the HP LaserJet Host Based Plug and Play Package HP LaserJet 1022 Printer. Next, you have to "Add a Printer" choose add local choose create a new port, then local port, in the port name box add \\ip address of desktop\sharename of 1022 next have disk, next browse to folder where you extracted the executable.

Simple fix for me: Start > Devices and Printers > Add a Printer > Add a Local Printer > Use an Existing Port: USB
    Then, for Install a Printer Driver, just select HP, then Laserjet 1020. Use that driver, it works perfectly.

If anyone else is facing this similar kind of problem with installing hp laserjet 1022 on windows 7, then try the below steps to troubleshoot it:
    1. First of all re-install the drivers, that can be found in the cd/dvd that came with the printer.
    2. After that you will get a pop up below on your screen that says "New Hardware installed" (or somelike that). After the pop up goes away, you should cancel out of ALL screens on your desktop.
    3. You then have to go to your printers or devices folder and see if the printer is getting installed.
    4. If the printer did successfully install then you there will have a green check mark by it.
    5. If printer didn't successfully install, report back and keep us updated about the issue that you face.