Thread: How to disable C1E on Intel DZ77BH-55K?

How to disable C1E on Intel DZ77BH-55K?

With the use of 0070 BIOS, I have successfully disabled what I wanted I mean the Speedstep also, I have come across all possible and relevant options of power saving which looks apt for this. But I would desperately love disabling c1e state and keep the processor on the base level of frequency which is i7 – 3770K @ 3.5 ghz at most of the times. There also exists an option by which I can disable C2/C3 states, the option doesn’t really look to be appearing i.e. it’s very appearance is missing from either BIOS screen both the classic and the visual view of it. I was wondering if there is something that I am missing out on or if there is any specific plan so as to add a feature in the upcoming BIOS revision. What I am actually looking forward to is a constant and continuous base clock which can come for benchmarking and gaming purpose. I have been facing issue pertaining to various games that came over the years in which there was a fluctuation in the clock speed with respect to the power saving speed. Which is basically an alternative or solution to jerky gameplays. Also, according to my experience, with more than one video cards in SLI, the very less power savings which allows CPU in going ino the C1E idle state and which doesn’t really make much of a difference n the grand scheme of things.
    I am thanking you all in advance for the help that I hope to be following.

Re: How to disable C1E on Intel DZ77BH-55K?

First thing I am not able to understand why you want to do that. I am not telling that there will be consequences by disabling it but as a feature you can leave it. But if you are going for benchmarking kind of stuff, then this becomes a need. Because the clock speed is affected due to that app. It can effect your existing gameplay also. This does not hurts until cpu is responding to the game. Means the time you keep playing game. This app only helps the cpu to go on sleep mode and respond instantly on wakeup.