Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Replacing optical drive with hard drive bay in Dell precision m4500

Hardware Peripherals

Old 10-05-2012

Replacing optical drive with hard drive bay in Dell precision m4500

I am having Dell precision m4500 laptop. I am using this laptop since last 2 years. The optical drive of this laptop is not working properly. The problem is that there are many bad sectors in the optical drive. My engineer told me that you can replace your optical drive with the hard drive bay. I want to replace my optical drive with hard drive bay. How can I replace and install the drive and which drive will it be perfect for my Dell precision m4500 laptop?

Old 10-05-2012

Re: Replacing optical drive with hard drive bay in Dell precision m4500

Hello there, I know that how important the data are for us. I also had the same problem you are lucky that you are replacing the optical drive very early. I lost all my data and had to give the drive for recovery which cost me too much. You can use the hard drive caddy modular bay for dell m4500. This is a good product for the Dell precision m4500 laptop and I am currently using this hard drive. The drive works in E-modular bay in your laptop. It uses 2.5 inches SATA hard drives. And it is also compatible with 2.5 inch SSD drive. I donít know to install the drive I called my engineer to install it.
Old 11-05-2012

Re: Replacing optical drive with hard drive bay in Dell precision m4500

Hi, I was having the same problem in my DELL Precision M2400 laptop. I replaced the optical hard drive with the same hard drive caddy. To install the hard drive caddy follow the steps.
1. Insert the Hard drive caddy in the tray.
2. Screw the drive from bottom to protect it.
3. Unlock the CD/DVD drive by pushing the ejector
4. Remove the CD/DVD optical drive.
5. Now insert the hard drive caddy from where you removed the CD/DVD.
Now you are completed with the installation and can use the hard drive caddy.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,