Thread: PC spec needed to run PMB for Sony DSC-W320 Cybershot

PC spec needed to run PMB for Sony DSC-W320 Cybershot

I have recently bought sony Cybershot DSC-W320 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am not able to get the PMB work, I just wanted to know that that what is the PC spec required for running the PMB, which is the graphic card that is required, how to find out if any codecs is incompatible or which one might be interfering with PMB? I have found that the Save and trim buttons grayed when I am trying to capture a video frame I don’t think that is normal so can anyone tell me why is it so? Can anyone tell me why there is no option to convert to MPEG?, I have tried updating the software but then I am just not finding a way to do the same, I really want to get it working, so is there anyone who can help me out with this or I should just quit PMB and start using Movie Maker or Windows Media. What do you guys think??

Re: PC spec needed to run PMB for Sony DSC-W320 Cybershot

I have not yet used the PMB Software but then I can try to lead you in the right direction for getting it working, I have just checked out the Support Page for the DSC-W320 and have found that there are some tutorials on PMB along with an update to PMB Ver 5.6.01. so if you are not having the updated version then you can get the same, I have gone through the PMB Tutorial Titles and they are appearing to be quite informative and they have also included the conversion to MPEG-2. By going through the same I have found that the modern(ish) can run on the below platforms:
    • Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)*1
    • Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit / 64-bit)*2
    • Windows 7 (32-bit / 64-bit / Starter)

But then I also wanted to add that 64-bit editions and/or Starter are not supported.

Hey thanks for that but then I just wanted to share that I have gone through all the areas that you have mentioned and have found that we lose functionality with the update, I have checked out the tutorials as well and they are just great but then only when one will have the options available for carrying out the task, I mean in my case I am not having the option for saving trimming individual frame even the MPEG-2 conversion option seems to be lost, it is just not there in the menu options of the Toolbar, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the os but then there is something else that I causing such issues, I have tried out my best to solve this but then I am not able to track out the cause , is there anyone who can suggest me something further in this case??

I completely agree to you on this even I have been running in to same issue and the PMB software is appearing to be useless, it has been a week since I have bought cybershot HX5 camera and I am just loving it, but then I am having similar issues with the PMB software, I mean sometimes it is just crashing after few seconds of starting it, I have tried updating the same to the latest version and I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software as well but then it is not making any difference, first of all it is taking long time to complete and when it is reaching 100 per cent then I don’t know why it says that connection has failed, I have checked out the support website and I have not got any help from them, I am having am alternate software for the PMB software which works fine without any issues but then I just want to get the PMB software working as well, I don’t know why but then I feel like an unhappy customer, anyways if anyone finds out an fix for solving this issues with the PMB then please share it will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have been running in to some issues but then I am not able to make out whether the issue is with the camera or with the PMB, in my case I wanted to playback some videos and pictures from the camera which I had taken in my daughters school function so I had transferred them into PMB from the camera but then I don’t know why they all got mixed up in to different order, I have tried copying them back to the camera but then I am not able to do the same, I am not able to make out that in which drive the SD card was in the first place, I have tried copying them as mentioned but then I was said that the disc was full but then later I was somehow able to get the over, later when I tried playing them back then I was not able to find out the images in the camera, I had tried out the possible solution that I could have but then I am not able to get it working properly, currently I am not using the it and I have started using HP AS400 and I am not having any issues with the same, I am not actually fond of HP but then such issues with the Cybershot and PMB have made me switch to the HP, I have been tweeting about this issues in other forums as well but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue but still no fix for it.

I think that I am having the worst case here, I have received DSC-HX100v as a gift and I am not even able to transfer my videos to the computer, I don’t know why they are just not showing up when I am opening the PMB, I am able to check out them in the camera because of which I am quite sure that they are there but then I don’t know why they are not showing up in the PMB, I have tried transferring the files from the camera to my computer but then it is just moving the stills, the photos and videos are not showing up but then they are there in the camera, I don’t know what the heck is wrong here, I really don’t know what to do, I really like the DSC-HX100v and may be that is the reason I have been gifted but then what is the use of the same when it is working like this, anyways reading through the post above it appears as if you have been able to get your videos from PMB to the PC so I just wanted to know how?? Dint you all faced the same issue that I have explained?? I doubt if this issue is just in my case?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I think that you guys might be facing some kind of system conflict somewhere, so for narrowing down the cause of the same you all can check out the tutorial videos that has been mentioned in the below link.
    Picture Motion Browser Video tutorials
    The above link is really having some good tutorial regarding Installation and settings, Importing, Exporting, Viewing, Editing, Adjustment functions for photos, Uploading videos and photos to network media services (blogs, photo sharing services, etc.), Printing, Sending by email , Creating a disc. Since the above user has mentioned that he is not able to his videos from PMB to the PC he can very well check out the Importing section and then perform the steps that has been mentioned there, just try it out and then let me know if it is helping, I think that the above tutorials should help you out with most of the issues. Best of luck.

You can count me in as well, I have bought DSC-H70 yesterday and the problem that I am having with it is that the PMB is not even recognize the device when I am connecting the camera to the computer, in my case I have made a fresh installation of the windows recently and have installed the PMB software today itself but then I don’t know what is the issue all about, I had tried using different usb cable as well thinking that there might b\e something wrong with it but then there is nothing wrong with the cable as I have crossed checked it out, I have tried updating the software as well but then when I am connecting the camera when it is instructing me to connect then windows is somehow recognizing the camera but then it is just not allowing me to import and display video files which I think is the worst case then you all, I have found that the install wizard of PMB says that I can very well register the device with PMB later but the I am not able to find out any option out there for registering the camera, I have checked out the Import option but then the camera is not even getting listed there, I am able to browse the memory card in Windows Explorer but then the videos are not showing up as it has already been explained by some of the above users, I am familiar with the PMB software and it is not new to me as I have used it previously with A200K and I did not had any issues there but then I don’t know why is it reacting like this now, I am not having any codec packs installed on system and I have also updated the PMB to the latest but then I am still not able to get it working properly, has anyone managed to get it working fine by now?? Has there been any update regarding this issue?? I really want to get this working somehow so any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

If the PMB Download Tool is not detecting the camera even after connecting it then make sure that the USB cable is properly connected at both the ends and other than this make sure that the camera has been turned on and you have selected the appropriate USB or COMPUTER option which gets displayed on the LCD screen, when you are sure that there is nothing wrong with these things then just try following the below steos and see if it is making any difference:
    • First go in to the Computer Management tool- click on start and then click on Control Panel and then Click on Administrative Tools and then on Computer Management. Now in the Computer Management window there will be two panes so just check out left pane and see if the camera is appearing there in the list or not.
    • If the camera is shown as Removable Drive with a drive letter then right click on the same and then Change the drive letter to a different drive letter and after that reboot the computer and then Open the My Computer window..
    • Now in My Computer window cross check and see if the device is getting listed as Removable Drive with the letter you might have assigned and after that try starting the PMB Download Tool and see if things are working fine or not.

Just try this out and then let me know what response you are getting if you face any further issue with the same then let me know I will try to help you out with the same as well.