Thread: change the region code of HP Officejet 7210 to accept the local cartridge

change the region code of HP Officejet 7210 to accept the local cartridge

There’s a huge problem in front of me now. I am unable to access the cartridge on my printer. There is not problem with the printer neither there is any issue with the cartridge. Actually the problem started from the time I shifted to some other country. As you all know that I have a HP officejet 7210 printer with me but the actual thing is that I purchased this printer in US few months back. It worked all the way find without giving me any kind of trouble or something else. But from the time I shifted to some other place I found that my cartridge is sort of not working in the printer. Whenever I try to install any cartridge onto this officejet 7210 printer its shows me that I am trying to install a wrong cartridge.

When I searched on web i didn’t find anything that would be helpful for me but then when I visited the HP official site over there I found that HP 338 cartridge would be very much compatible and also it would work efficiently on the printer that I am having but when I tried to install it, as usual I end up getting the same message of wrong cartridge. Anyways after trying out all the possible tricks I called up the customer care and there they told me that I somehow need to change the region code of the printer in order to allow the other local cartridge be accepted by the printer. Its all because of the purchase of the printer, I bought it from US and here what’s happening is that this printer is not at all accepting any of the local cartridge that I am trying to install into 7210 printer. Anyways now I am sure that region code is the only issue that is causing this problem but again I am not stuck at this point, I need to know the procedure to change the region code of the printer so that it could easily accept the local cartridge that I am trying to install into it. Please help me out as soon as possible. My work is on halt just because of this issue.

Re: change the region code of HP Officejet 7210 to accept the local cartridge

How can the customer care didn’t help you out completely. For your kind information you must be knowing that the customer care themselves help their customers with all the possible solution, they are not suppose to leave the customers with half reply. In your case if they told you about the main cause of your issue then how come didn’t tell you the procedure for changing the regional code? Contacting the HP support is the only best possible way for you to get your issue resolved. You actually need to do a regionalization reset to be performed on your device and you can do this with their help. There is nothing more required except for the computer and printer. You will also be requiring a set of cartridges for your country while the process of conversion with HP as the existing cartridge will no longer be affective on your printer after you reset it. However as you will be contacting the HP support you won’t be charged anything for the regionalization reset as this procedure is however covered under the cartridge warranty regardless of the warranty of the printer.

Remember that once when you contact the HP support you will have to choose the selection for your cartridge warranty instead of having the printer warranty. Most probably HP should consider this under warranty but if in case they ask you something for resetting the region then it would be better to get a case number.

Yeah you are right, customer support do provide the user with the regional reset but you have completely mistaken about the charges and warranty. Let me tell you that I have already called up the customer support multiple numbers of times but all the time they told me that they would charge me for providing the regional reset. Now before telling anything further let me remind you that my printer is out of warranty and when I called HP they told me that they won’t provide me the regional reset for an outdated or out of warranty printer. Either I will have to pay for the necessary thing or I will have to renew my warranty by paying certain amount. The regional reset as you said does not covers under cartridge warranty. I seriously didn’t get their policy, why don’t they cover this thing under a cartridge warranty rather than taking it under the printer warranty. Sometimes they seem to be fooling us by taking anything under any section of the warranty. Please help me out with some other suggestion.

Can you please share Invoice and contact details with us. You can contact us through HP India Facebook account to share your details.

It is very much necessary for you to first understand certain things related to the printer and the cartridge that you use being within your country. Whenever you go for buying a printer you get the compatible cartridge for that printer easily just because the manufacturer of printer and the cartridges manages to customizes them altogether so that they would meet up all the local customers requirement. Now if we take your own example then you can easily notice that during your initial printer setup your printer was easily able to set it to accept the cartridges that are specified to a country or certain region. But when it comes to transferring the products to some other country then it becomes very much difficult for getting the same cartridge or some compatible cartridge having the same number on the Label similar to the original cartridge you are having. Those different cartridges will surely not work in the printers that belong to or purchased from some other country.

Also remember that you could end up getting certain errors while trying to forcefully install the cartridge that you believe is compatible with your printer but it’s actually not. Some of the error messages would be like Incompatible Cartridges, Cartridge Not Intended for this Printer, Incorrect Cartridges.

I have purchased a brand new HP Photosmart C5280 from US and along with that printer I also bought two HP ink cartridges they are, HP 350 and HP 351. Let me tell you that now I reside at India and here recently few days ago I purchased two new HP 74 and HP 75 cartridges for the printer that I purchased from US. First I tried installing the first cartridge into the printer and found that it wasn’t compatible with my product then I tried the next one and surprisingly even this second one was not getting installed into my printer. Now the most common think I noticed in both case was an error message. While installing the cartridges I found that both the HP 74 and 75 were giving me an error message saying cartridges are not intended for this printer. I didn’t do any mistake, before buying the cartridges I properly checked model number of the printer printed on both the cartridges. Then how come now both the cartridges are not getting installed into my printer. Please help me out and let me know some properly solution for this issue.