Thread: Sony HX100V cybershot gives bright reds (color) on all photos

Sony HX100V cybershot gives bright reds (color) on all photos

I have recently bought a Sony HX100V cybershot and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is giving me extremely bright reds on all photos in almost every mode, it is working fine in B&W or sepia, I don’t know what is the issue all about, since I am very new to this I don’t have much idea about the same and I just wanted to know if this is automatic or manual, is there anything that I have to change or is there any workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? I think that there is something wrong with the camera but then since it is very new I am not that sure about it, is there anyone else who have noticed the same and has an idea about it???

Re: Sony HX100V cybershot gives bright reds (color) on all photos

In that case I just wanted to know that have you tried out adjusting the white balance? If not then I will suggest you to try out the same as will be having an impact on all colors, so just try out the same and see if the photos are improving or not, in order to capture the basic white color in [One Push Set] mode you will have to adjust the color tones according to the surrounding light conditions you can use the below function if the image is color is not appearing properly, you just have to go to menu and then White Balance and then you can select the below desired mode respectively:
    • Auto- This will be adjusting the white balance automatically so that the colors appear natural.
    • Daylight- This will be adjusting for outdoors conditions on a fine day, evening views, night scenes, neon signs, fireworks, etc.
    • Cloudy- This will be adjusting for a cloudy sky or a shady location.
    • Fluorescent White Balance 1- This will be adjusting for white fluorescent lighting.
    • Fluorescent White Balance 2- This will be adjusting for natural white fluorescent lighting.
    • Fluorescent White Balance 3- This will be adjusting for day white fluorescent lighting.
    • Incandescent- This will be adjusting for places under incandescent lamp, or under bright lighting.
    • Flash- This will be adjusting for the flash conditions.
    • One Push- This will be adjusting the white balance depending on the light source. The white color memorized in [One Push Set] mode becomes the basic white color. One should use this mode when [Auto] and other settings are not helping to get proper colors.
    • One Push Set- This will be Memorizing the basic white color for using in [One Push] mode.
    For capturing the basic white color in [One Push Set] mode just follow the below steps:
    • First just frame a white object say just a paper so as to fill the screen under the lighting condition that you will be having when you will shoot the subject.
    • Now go to menu>White Balance> One Push Set> on the control button, when you do this then the screen will momentarily turn out black and once the white balance will get adjusted the recording screen will be displayed back.

Here I just wanted to add that if you will be getting indicator flashes then the white balance might have not get set and you will have to use the automatic white balance, so in order to avoid the same make sure that you are not shaking the camera while [One Push Set] is in progress.

Hey thanks for the same I have tried out adjusting the white balance previously but then I will give it a try once again in the way you have mentioned, I also wanted to share that all the other colors are found but then the reds are extremely bright, previously I have tried out adjusting the white balance manually as well as the automatic setting for the same but then it was not making any difference and I was still getting the same bright reds (color) on all photos no matter when I am taking the shots in indoor lights as well as under natural light, I have been trying to adjust the settings since three days but then I have not got any luck but then I just wanted to know if at all it works then is it fair to try out that settings every time when I take out the camera, I mean is it sounding logical in anyways?? Are there any possibilities of something wrong with the camera in my case?? Because I am really not willing to keep on adjusting the white balance every time.

To get an better idea of the issue that you are facing I will suggest you to better post a image in your next reply so that I can check it out and find out what exactly is the cause of it, if possible then try taking multiple shots of the same object and make a short note for the pictures mentioning the color modes / white balance settings that you might be using for them, I know that it will be taking bit of time but then it will be the best way for narrowing down the cause of the issue, even other people here can get a better idea of your issue and will try to help you with it, if you are not willing to share the photo publicly then you can also send me those images through the private message so that I can have a look at it, just try out what I have suggested and then post back with the result that I have asked for.

Ok, so now I have performed, I have send those images to your through personal message, there are total three images from which one is taken from my HTC phone which is appearing clean and clear without the bright reds (color) where as the other two are taken from Cybershot where one is having f2.8 1/30 sec ISO 001, brightness -0.925. Program mode where as the other is f2.8 1/20 sec, ISO 002, no flash, brightness -0.258, I think that those information should be enough for you to understand my issue as you are appearing to be familiar with all these things, I have been looking after a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have not yet found an effective workaround for solving this, by now I have tried out all the possible settings that I could have but then they have not made that difference and I am still not able to get rid of the extreme redness, I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can flash or no flash as per the camera mode that I might be willing to use? Also check out the images that I have sent you and help me with all the possible solutions that you can, thanks in advance.

I have gone through the images and have checked out for the same and have found some users facing the same issue and some experts have mentioned that this an issue with the camera LCD, actually the camera LCD has been set up for showing a very "vivid" and high contrast image which is not able to judge the color rendering properly but then I there are a no of people who don’t think that this is an issue as the like the kind of "pop colors, I am not having a HX100 but then I have made some test with HX9 which is from the same generation, so I had took a photo of a color test chart and have opened them on my computer and had taken a photo of the HX9 where I have displayed the image in the front, I have sent the images to you. You can make out from the images that the HX9 LCD is having saturated colors and there is loss of differentiation in the highest saturated areas, if you see then the image file will be appearing ok but then when you will take an image of the object with highly saturated colors then you will come to know about the colors scenario that I am trying to explain, just check it out and then let me know if you have any further queries regarding it.