Thread: Wireless setup of HP laserjet P1102w for mac os x 10.7.3

Wireless setup of HP laserjet P1102w for mac os x 10.7.3

I have recently bought HP laserjet P1102w and I own a MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.3 and I wanted to know that how can I set up to print wirelessly on Mac OS X 10.7.3, I also wanted to know if it is possible to set up this computer on a PC Windows XP using USB cable and using the wireless function for connecting to the MacBook Pro at the same time, so is there anyone who can help me with the steps required for the same??

Re: Wireless setup of HP laserjet P1102w for mac os x 10.7.3

I will like to inform you that for printing wirelessly to your Laserjet P1102w from your Mac you will have to probably connect the printer to a wireless network, your printer should be available as a device for printing to your mac when it is connected to the network, if you will be connecting printer to a Windows XP computer using a USB cable then even it should be retaining its connection to the wireless network and the mac should be able to access it as well, just try out the same and see if that is helping, if you get any error when performing the same then make a note of it and post it here for further help, if you have any further queries then feel free to ask. If you don’t have driver for the same then you can check out the driver that has been mentioned in the below link:
    Software & Driver Downloads - HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer

Below is the step by step method for setting up to print wirelessly on Mac OS X:
    • First go in the Finder and then click on the Applications and then double-click System Preferences and then click on Print & Fax (in Mac OS X v10.6) or Print & Scan (in Mac OS X v10.7) and then click on the Open Print Queue and then on the Printer Setup and then click on Utility tab and then on Open Printer Utility and then on HTMLConfig.
    • Now click on Networking tab and then from the list click on Wireless and then click Infrastructure under the Communication Mode and then select your network SSID from the Available Network Names (SSID) list and then click on the << button.
    • After that From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication just click on the WPA/WPA2 or WEP, here I will like to inform you that the selection will depend on the Wireless Security Protocol that might be getting used by your network, so if your network is not having Wireless Security then just leave the Security Mode set to Open System (No Authentication) and enter WEP/WPA/WPA2 key in the require field and then click on apply, when you are done with the same then click OK in the confirmation box and then close the HTML Config as well as the Print Queue window.
    • Now in the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window just click on the HP product from the list of printers and then click on the - sign for removing the same from the list, here I just wanted to inform you that this will be removing the the USB Connection from the list leaving the Wireless Connection to be only the entry for your HP product, when you are done with the removal then Disconnect the USB cable from the product and the computer and then click on the + sign under Printers and then select product name with Bonjour as the Kind and then click on Add and then close the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window. And you are done.

Just try it out and then let me know if you have any issues with any of the step that has been mentioned above.

If the above solution does not help then you can try out following the below solutions as well:
    • First Turn the printer on and then the printer straight out of the box will start in its own server so just point the computer to the same and then Go to the AirPort symbol in your Mac's menu bar and then click on it, here you will be able to see usual wireless network along with the neighbours' one which will be named as the web server on your new HP printer so just make sure that you are selecting the network rather than selecting the usual one, no after that start Safari, which will tell you to connect to the Internet as at this stage you are just connected to the printer, so just point the Safari to the printer and then click on the icon which will be there at the far left of Safari's bookmarks bar, if you want then you can also select Show All Bookmarks" from the Bookmarks menu.
    • Now just click on the Bonjour icon which will be in the left column and there will be a section at the top as well called Collections, so just select it and then select printer, now Your printer's configuration settings will be accesses via web and that will be the only page by which your browser will actually be able to connect, the name of the same will be there in the Bonjour bookmarks.
    • When you are done until here then just Point your printer at your own network and then click on Networking tab and then select Wireless" and then select Infrastructure so as to let the printer know that it should look out for a network on a wireless base station, if everything goes well then you will be able to see list of available wireless networks along with the ones that you usually connect, so click on its name and then click on the << button so as to move the name into the SSID field, after that you will have to enter password to join your network under the Security.
    • So after completing the required details click on Apply, when you do so then the web page you're looking at will disappear at this stage but then you don’t have to worry about the same as it happens when you are connected to the printer's ad hoc wireless network where as the printer is not.
    • So if you face the same then Reconnect to your own network and then go to AirPort icon and then select the usual network, you will find that the printer is still there if you will check out the Bonjour bookmarks again, you can use the web page for changing the settings or for checking out the status.