Thread: HP Imaging Device was not found error with HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G

HP Imaging Device was not found error with HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G

I am facing problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless A909G printer. Before upgrading my computer to windows 7 operating system I was not having this issue. now whenever I open Hp solution center in my computer and try to scan anything at that time I get code 8. I opened Hp official site and searched for the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless A909G printer and then I have selected windows 7 operating system. After selecting windows 7 operating system I have downloaded all the HP software’s in my computer and I have installed in my computer. After trying this solution also I was experiencing same problem. Now after that I have contact HP support discussed about my problem they have told me to update the firmware of printer and then I have updated my printer firmware but after updating the firm ware also I am still facing same problem. I have also inserted printer installation CD in and uninstalled all the thing by running Uninstall_L3.bat file and after that I have installed all HP software’s again my computer but that does not make difference. If anyone has solution regarding this problem then let me know.

Re: HP Imaging Device was not found error with HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G

I am ware of this problem and I will suggest you to download HP Scan Diagnostic Utility from internet and after downloading the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility you have to run it in your computer and after running that you have to see what error it shows. You have to also connect you printer with any other computer and then check whether you are getting same problem or not? if you are getting same problem after connecting your printer with any other computer then there might be something wrong with your printer only and if you are not facing same problem after connecting your printer with any other computer then problem might be with your computer only.

When I connect my printer with any other computer at that time I don’t get same problem. Now after that I have downloaded HP Scan Diagnostic Utility from the official site of HP and after downloading that when I run it in my computer at that time it shows “driver is missing or corrupt”. After looking at this error message I have opened Control panel in my computer and then I have clicked on the hardware and sound option. from there I have selected printer option and then I have deleted printer from there and then I have also removed all the HP related drivers from y computer and then I have removed temporary files from my system also. Now I have run Ccleaner in my computer and reinstalled the drivers but that does not helped me to solve this problem. now please tell me how can I fix this problem?

I will suggest you to click on this DOWNLOAD and then download “HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver” and then install it in your computer. Before you install this in your computer you have to make sure that you removed all the previously installed drivers. Once you install these drivers in your computer you have to restart your system and then open HP solution center and then try to scan document again. I am telling you this solution because I was also having same problem with my computer and then I have tried to find solution for it on internet but after pending so many time on internet also I was having same issue and then my friend suggested me to install these drivers and then I have tried that in my computer and then my problem get solved.

If above solution does not help you to resolve this particular problem then you have to make sure that WIA service is running or not? You have to also try to fix this problem by restarting the Dependencies services. In many cases by restarting this services can solve this type of problem. I am not sure whether it will work for you but you can try this trick.