Thread: Scan Files won’t appear in saved folder in HP Solution Center

Scan Files won’t appear in saved folder in HP Solution Center

It seems that this is a common issue with HP products and I do not know definite solution for this. So I just scanned Files and it came to my notice that they were not appearing in saved folder. So what could be the specific reason? Can you give me exact reasons for this. Cannot get scan to save file . I made some attempts with uninstalling printer, all hp software as well as downloaded most recent v14 full version. Reinstalled printer but was with no positive results.

Re: Scan Files won’t appear in saved folder in HP Solution Center

So I need to say an definite fix for this one as if your version of HP Solution is 14 you can proceed to the following steps. So you need to look in an entry of HP Solution Center. 14 in the Programs and Features of control panel. And that will give you a idea regarding your version. You can solve this by printer CD, you will be prompted with HP installation window and you need not take notice of it after you have inserted the cd. select “Explorer” after right clicking on CD-ROM drive , you will be then with an “Destinations” folder in the setup folder. So see in it an “Destinations.cab” file which will inturn have “hpqxmlul.dll”. and then select this file and click on “Extract”. You need to change the name of the file to hpqxmlul.dll after you have saved the extracted file on your “Desktop” screen and then copy this file. You will be with an HP Digital Imaging bin folder in your C drive of your program files . but there can be an possibility that you may be having “Program Files(x86)” folder. So you need to open this folder . so you need to paste the file in the bin folder as you have copied it previously on your desktop screen. If you receive message which indicates “File already exists – Replace the file”, you need to answer positively and then finally open HP Solution Center and make attempts for scanning. So if you’re trying with a download software here is what you have to try. after downloading the software, you need to extract the contents of the saved driver file. type %temp% and click OK. This will open TEMP folder. And then search for “Destinations.cab” file and perform the same steps as if was mentioned for installing with CD.

Re: Scan Files won’t appear in saved folder in HP Solution Center

You also need to look in this matter. If you are interested in Settings / Scan Settings / Button Settings , you need to move in Front Panel Scan Settings tab and then Scan to Setup (Front Panel List). You can mingle with manage Scan Shortcuts Save to file Save Options and then to save Location and here , you need to confirm save path exists on your system. Make an selection for update the Device from the Scan to which will present in the setUp (Front Panel List) dialog.This should in any case fix the message regarding needing to update the device.