Thread: Display driver stopped responding while playing BF3 with GTX 680

Display driver stopped responding while playing BF3 with GTX 680

I just purchased GTX 680 graphics card and I was expecting this one to be good enough to play most recent games. but I think I am not getting the desired output. I am not knowing reason why my display drivers have stopped responding. I am receiving some error message like “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." which is frustrating I tried to contact many forums but with no quick response. So posting this thread hoping for quick response. I made some checks with drivers causing this issue but I was with latest version of the drivers. So what could be the specific reason I am with this one, please provide a quick response as I am eager to play some more games on my weekends.

Re: Display driver stopped responding while playing BF3 with GTX 680

I was with similar issues and my graphics card was stating the same as it says “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.”and according to me, there are many people who have came across this situation and what you have to try uninstalling all video drivers and then updating the drivers to the most recent version. And trying then with updating the bios. You can try with different PCIe/PCI/AGP slots on your motherboard. I did the same thing and was solved. further if it does not solve further, you can try with different power rails coming from your power supply also make sure about power supply supporting your graphics card. Then you can try with updating your version of Direct X along with chipset drivers. You need to then set everything to application controlled after entering video card settings>advanced settings . attempt further with turning off vertical sync after you have moved to video card settings >>advanced manage 3D settings. check whether your card is not overheating at times memory can cause video issues, run a memtest.

“Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered”. i get this error when i play batman AC. In addition , it was also seen that there were some negative effects with the screen going black and game crashes. As well windows experience index score both my video scores are 6.6. i have the latest drivers i read ware older drivers work superior but i don't know which one for windows 7. it's awful trying to do bgs with your screen going black every couple of seconds.

I have some permanent fix for this issue. Hope it will help you. You need to disable Timeout Detection in addition to Recovery (TDR) for GPUs
    1. You first all , need to open REGEDIT
    2. And then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers.
    3. You then try with adding DWORD "TdrLevel" , this can be done by right clicking in the right pane and then selecting new.
    4. Set the value to "0"

I didn’t came across this one earlier. But when I was trying to play games with recent releases, I was with error which is mentioned earlier. I was getting it after playing World of warcraft plus with Battlefield 3. I start playing and after a while BF3 minimizes and the only means to get it back is to crash it and the again open it. but when I searched on forums for the same, it came into my concern that it’s an TDR error. Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) = "Display Driver Stopped Responding and was Recovered" is a constructive aspect that started in Vista as well as is in Windows 7 that permits the OS to attempt and recover from a video timeout in order that the system does not crash to a bluescreen. indications incorporated a screen flash with the TDR message coming into view one or more times or else the screen blinking out to black. If the system is not capable of recovering it will crash . The issue is that the video card is not responding as estimated. So I need to specify regarding this more. As it appears that there is no one-size-fits-all answer to TDR errors. However the issue is typically found in the local environment ruling the cause is a matter of checking every probable source along with uncovering the reason through a simple course of removal. By systematically running down a checklist of diagnostic actions you should be able to locate the reason and can resolve it.

Hey guys, the way out to this and alike cards having this fault is the graphic card CPU running at high temperatures. You can consider some ideal temperatures with your graphics card should work. I had a alike problem and strived all the fixes. Then I purchased a 1.5 inch fan by which I thought I would lessen the intensity of temp and screwed the fan onto the heat sink of my graphics card . I was with some temp of 91' and I was with same issues like graphics rendering with black screens and when I recovered to a new high of 56' my system runs stable, graphics outstanding and rendering is superior quick and no little blocks where graphic fill is reduced. For this you can make use of MSI Afterburner and you will be able to check on the Graphic Card CPU. You will be sorted out by this one.

You can try with some more solutions which will work great in your case. You can try with removing one monitor if you are using more than one . at times realtek drive conflict with other drivers . also make sure that you are with proper refresh rate. There might be a possibility that USB devices ( webcams) cause odd error. So you need to remove them and uninstall the drivers with USB drivers. You also need to consider multi-display/Mixed GPU which is same as single display performance mode. you can also check out system configuration and then moving further in tools>System Information and Hardware and finally with Conflicts/sharing, finally you can try with turning on triple buffering and vertical sync if(force on) if you have tried with vertical sync on and it does not tend to work.

I fixed the issue what i did is disabled the physx after that I was able to play and for 4 hours with no issues. I also need to add some more as you need to check mark Ati drivers as well. You can make a choice for Driver Sweeper is which is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. And then run this program in safe mode and then restarted windows, made installation of most recent version of software and drivers and that will let you know about the issue. If you are not getting yet, you can try with checking the "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3D runtime libraries" box in your OSD server settings for some games so you need to check in whether you have kept that checked in as the possibility that you are not able to play certain games root this cause. You need to check in this.