Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Scan multiple pages to single file on hp photosmart 6510

Hardware Peripherals

Old 08-05-2012

Scan multiple pages to single file on hp photosmart 6510

I have brought a new hp photosmart 6510 to scan documents in my office. I am new to HP printers and donít know much about them. I was scanning some documents which were to be arranged in an order in pdf format. I scanned and by default all the pages were scanned in .jpg format images. I changed the settings to save the scanned documents in pdf format and it started scanning. After scanning some ten to twenty documents, I found that the scanner has been creating, different pdf files for every document. I want to know, how can I scan all the documents so that they are scanned in one single file and are easily accessible?

Old 08-05-2012

Re: Scan multiple pages to single file on hp photosmart 6510

HP scanners have these settings by default and thus they go on creating new files, every time you scan a new document using it. To have the entire scanned document scanned in one single file, you will need to change the settings. In the advanced settings you will find an option which sets the type of format you want to save the scanned documents in, which is, single file or different files.
I donít know how a hp photosmart 6510 works, but if it has its own touch screen and settings, then you will need to change the settings of the printer also as this setting works on both sides, printer as well as from its control panel. Also many printers have option to add page whenever one wants. See if the printer prompts you to add page on the touch screen or not.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,