Thread: Fatal error while installing Officejet pro 8500

Fatal error while installing Officejet pro 8500

Hi friends I am facing problem while installing my HP Officejet pro 8500 printer software on my Dell Inspiron 546S desktop. I have windows Vista operating system. When I insert my printer installation CD and start installing the software at that time I get Fatal error. I don’t know what is wrong with it, I have also visited official site of HP and then searched for my HP Officejet pro 8500 and then I have select download drivers and software’s. I have selected windows Vista operating system and downloaded the drivers and software’s. but when I tried to install that at that time I get same problem. if anyone have answer regarding this problem then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Fatal error while installing Officejet pro 8500

You should insert your HP driver installation CD and then open my computer. Now right click on the CD/ DVD drive icon. Now select open. Now all the contents of installation CD will appear and then you have to go to the Util folder and the open CCC. From CCC folder you have to double click on the uninstall_l4 file. Now follow the screen instruction and when you finish with it at that time you have to restart your computer. After restarting your computer you have to open control panel and then go to the Programs and features and see whether all the HP software’s are removed or not? After that you have to open my computer and double click on the C drive. In C drive you have to open programs file folder and delete HP folder from there. You have to also delete HP folder from the Common files folder and Program Filesx86. Now open start menu and after opening the start menu you have to type %temp% on search box and then press enter button. Select all the contacts and then delete them. You have to also type temp on start menu search box and type temp and delete all the files from there also.

After performing above steps you have to open windows folder from C drive and then you have to go to system32 folder. You have to open macromed folder from system32 and then double click on the flash folder. Now look for the flashutil9b.exe file and then you have to open it and it will update the Adobe flash. After updating the Adobe flash you have to type Msiexec /unregister on start menu search box and hit enter key then you have type Msiexec /regserver in same way and press enter. Now restart your computer and try to install HP software again in your computer and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

Thank you for helping me. I have uninstalled all HP software’s and drivers and then I have restarted the PC and also deleted the folders form the HP folder in program files, common files and Program Filesx86 folder and after removing that I have cleared all the files from the temp folders and also updated the adobe flash and Re-Register the windows installer service. After doing that when I tried to install the printer software at that time It gets installed successfully. Now the problem is when I open HP solution center and try to scan at that time it does nothing. Please help me out with this.

With HP solution center I was facing same problem and then I have open control panel in my computer and opened program and features and then uninstalled HP solution. Now after doing that I have rebooted my computer and then installed HP solution center again in my computer but after doing that also I was facing problem while scanning. Now after that I have emailed my problem to HP support and they have told me to check whether WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) service is running or not and if it is already running then I have to stop that service and start it again. Now after that I have tried that solution and then my problem get solved.

I agree with the above solution if Windows Image Acquisition service is not running then also this type of problem can take place. To check whether Windows Image Acquisition service is running or not you have to type service.msc in start menu search box and then you have to look for the Windows Image Acquisition service and then see whether it is running or not? if it is not running then you have to start that service and then restart your computer. Now check whether you can scan documents or not? if you still face the same problem after trying this solution then you have to type services in start menu search box and then press enter button. Now double click on the Windows Image Acquisition and then select Dependencies tab. You will see two services there and then you have to close that window and select RPC (Remote Procedure Call). Now set it to manual and also set startup type of Shell Hardware Detection to manual. After doing that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?