Thread: Cannot connect Handycam DCR-HC37 in windows xp, error "The supported product is not connected"

Cannot connect Handycam DCR-HC37 in windows xp, error "The supported product is not connected"

I am using Sony DCR-HC37 Handycam Mini DV Camcorder and I was able to use it with my computer without any problems. Before few days I have formatted my computer and then I have don’t clean installation of Windows XP again and I have installed all necessary drivers. I have lost installation CD which comes with my Sony DCR-HC37 Handycam and that is why I have visited official site of the Sony and downloaded required software for it and installed it. now after that when I connect my Sony DCR-HC37 Handycam with my computer and try to use Picture Utility at that time I get error saying "The supported product is not connected". I don’t know what is wrong with it. I have tried to connect my Handycam with different USB cable but that does not help me to solve this problem. if anyone have solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: Cannot connect Handycam DCR-HC37 in windows xp, error "The supported product is not connected"

I will suggest you to connect your Handycam with your computer using i.Link cable and then see whether you are getting same problem or not? You have to connect i.Link cable with your Handycam DV-out port and then connect other side of cable with your computer. If you are facing same problem even after using i.Link cable then you should download Windows Live Essentials from internet and install it in your computer and then check whether it resolves your problem or not?

Re: Cannot connect Handycam DCR-HC37 in windows xp, error "The supported product is not connected"

I was also facing similar problem with Sony Handycam and then I have first tried to solve this problem by connecting my Handycam with different USB ports but that does not help me to solve this problem and then I have also tried different USB cables but that does not make any difference. While searching solution on internet I have come to know that by using i.Link cable we can solve this problem and than I have tried i.Link cablewith my Handycam and then my problem get solved. you can also try this solution.