Thread: How to convert Iomega ix2-200 to ix2-200 Cloud Edition?

How to convert Iomega ix2-200 to ix2-200 Cloud Edition?

hey friends I come to this particular forum to get an help from you on particular requirement of mine. Well I am having normal Iomega ix2-200 and I wanted to convert the same to Iomega ix2-200 cloud edition. Let me know if you are having useful information to get the requirement of mine. any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to convert Iomega ix2-200 to ix2-200 Cloud Edition?

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following steps which will allow you to get the requirement of yours.
    • Before you start make sure that you are having below mentioned things.
    • First of all you should download ix2-200 Cloud Edition Firmware 3.1.12.47838
    • Make sure that you are having USB drive of minimum 2GB and having an LED indicator
    • SATA to USB adapter and Toothpick or paperclip.
    • Once you have managed to ge t above mentioned thing you should prepare your hard drive.
    • It is the very first steps of conversion process as you are going to wipe all the data stored on the hard drive and making the same as brand new. We are using 2 x Seagate 2 TB 5900 RPM Drives.
    • First of all you should backup all the files from hard drive. if you are having the same and remove both disk from ix2-200 and you should connect the same by using SATA to USB adapter or desktop PC's SATA port.
    • After that you should make use of Easeus Partition Manager Home Edition. You will get the same from the official website. You should use above mentioned software to delete all partitions made from hard drive of yours. you should apply this particular process on both the hard disk. Make sure that you have clicked on apply button once you have deleted the partition on Easeus Partition Master HE.
    • Once you have completed with the above mentioned steps you should place both the disks into ix2-200.

• You should prepare USB flash drive by making use of below mentioned steps.
    • You should backup all the files store from the USB drive and after that format the same with FAT32 file system. you can make use of Quick Format to do the same.
    • Once you have completed with formatting you should create a folder which should be name as ‘emctools’ and after that you should create another inside of the same which should be named as ‘ix2-200d_images’. It should be look like X:\emctools\ix2-200d_images.
    • Finally you should copy downloaded ix2-200 Cloud Edition Firmware to ix2-200d_images folder.

• Now you have to perform following steps couple of times.
    • You should connect USB stick on which you have prepared ix2-200.
    • Now get paperclip or toothpick. Now you have to see that you are pressing reset button appropriately and you will not be able to do the same easily.
    • When you are supposed to pressing reset button you should simply connect power cord with hard drive of yours. when you have done the same you will notice that LED in front would begin to blink. Once you have done both the hard disk would start to spinning after 30 seconds of pressing. You should continue with pressing of reset button after every 1 minutes until USB LED are getting turn on and wont blink.
    • Once you have done you should wait till USB LED is blinking continuously. When USB LED begins to blinking you should stop pressing of reset button. In this particular situation this particular it would occur after 70 seconds after you have connected power cord.
    • ix2-200 would create Temp folder on USB stick in order to extract content of ix2-boot.tgz in that particular folder. Once all the files are extracted then ix2-200 is going to copy all the files on hard drive. for your information all those files would of Cloud Edition OS.
    • The process would get completed within 5 minutes the ix2-200 supposed to shutdown automatically. Now you should remove USB Flash Drive and you have to plug in network cable and simply press power button into front of device. after 5 minutes ix2-200 supposed to prepare operating system for very first time and you will be able to get web interface.
    • If you are not able to reach web interface then you should wait for 10 minutes at least. After completion of time you should remove power cord and you have to put USB stick on your computer and go for emctools\ix2-200d_images folder. Here you will see Temp folder and you have to delete the same. after deleting the folder you should try to do upgrade process again. I am hoping device will be able reconstruct the operating system.
    • In case you are looking to have RAID 1 then you should wait for around 5 hours or more to complete RAID reconstruction with having 2 x 2TB disks installed. if you wanted to RAID 0 then you should cancel reconstruction process by choosing selecting RAID 0 and applying the same from menu.
    • After using above mentioned steps I am hoping you will be able to get fully functional ix2-200 Cloud Edition.

Re: How to convert Iomega ix2-200 to ix2-200 Cloud Edition?

If you are having reset unit then you should unplug power cord, plug USB pen, plug power cord 5 seconds and you should clip in order to reset. You should continue with the same until and unless USB pen flashes. Once your pen supposed to flash and stop it would flash for 5 to 6 min. you should disconnect USB after turning of your unit and power up the same and wait for the same and see whether it helps you out or not. If does not work for you then you should reset your device to factory setting. You will be able to do the same by pressing and holding power button for 15 seconds.