Thread: Samsung HM502JX comes with only USB connector and no sata connectors

Samsung HM502JX comes with only USB connector and no sata connectors

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to discuss over here. I am having Samsung HM502JX with having USB connectors on PCB. It does not having any SATA or any other connectors on the same. the size of my hard drive is 500GB. Let me know if you have managed to find out point on PCB to access your drive through SATA or terminal? I am waiting for the prompt replies,. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Samsung HM502JX comes with only USB connector and no sata connectors

USB-SATA bridge should be JMicron chip. As far as VID and PID are concerned 152d and 2329 respectively. . you can go for JM20239. The pin outs of the same should be as follow.

21 RXP
    22 RXN
    25 TXN
    26 TXP
    39 UA1
    40 UA0
    But still I am not able to get the function of UART pins and I am suspecting that terminal access to JMicron bridge chip. Also if I am not wrong completely board swap does not work for you. Marvell chip supposed to contain adaptive data which should be transferred to patient to donor. You will need to perform microsurgery on hard drive connector.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. I have simply opened sata cable and its having 4 wires + ground. It supposed to be TX+- and RX+-. Let me know if I am able to connect UA0 and UA1? Let me know if I require to provide power on board. I will be able to do the same with USB as I need to solder the same with section of USB cable. But it is not soldering with other part of USB cable.

Looking at the situation i think UA0 and UA1 supposed to be UART I/O pins. They are not having any kind of purposes. However I am suspecting there should be debug access to CPU which is inside of bridge chip. It could be programmed for user defined purpose if I am not wrong. Tx/Rx pairs should be used for SATA access. You can also give a try to swapping the logic board itself. There should be disagreement between DR people and Samsung drives which would need ROM transfers. We know that drive should be powered from USB +5V and ground pins. The terminal should be pins alluded to Mikippp to have diagnostic access via RS232 rather than that of data access. If you are trying to direct SATA connection then you will be able get tap into SATA Tx/Rx signal pairs which should be run between JMicron bridge and Marvell MCU. If you have managed to figure out the signal traces to JMicron bridge IC then you will be able to get couple of pair of capacitors. You should simply remove the same and look on JMicron reference circuit so that you will be able to get idea of individual signals.

Could be 5V pins should be touched with any of data pins and burned when connector supposed to moving. There should be any choke on into the data bus. Spinning of hard disk getting slow down. data bus should be non-functional and it might be associated with soldering. Checkout whether cable is working fine. You should check out USB cable to black resistors. You can also try with the system which is having USB 1.1 standard if your hard disk is having support for the same.