Thread: Hp Deskjet F2480 scan function gives error "8,[8,0,0]"

Hp Deskjet F2480 scan function gives error "8,[8,0,0]"

Why HP printers always come up with such understanding error messages while attempting to scan to the computer. I have a Deskjet F2480 printer, this printer is no doubt one of the best all in one device but then don’t know why its giving me such an error. Maybe the problem is due to the computer system I am having. I have windows XP SP3 running into my computer system. There is no problem with other tasks likes printing or copying, they all work fine. But then whenever I attempts the scanning task I get an error message with some error number i.e. "8, [8,0,0]". I do not remember what exactly the error states but I says something about software component not getting loaded and ask me to reload the HP Photosmart software. Now before even loading the Version 13.0.1 all the antivirus software existing in my computer system are completely disabled. However this doesn’t stops that scan error message. No matter how many times I repeat the task, all the time I end up getting the same message which somehow stops me from scanning.

Believing that the issue might be due to either the installation of the printer onto my windows system or maybe due to my system itself I switched to some other computer system running the same windows XP OS and then installed the printer onto it but the same scan error. I am fed up with this error message, whatever I do i end up getting this message. Installing the software disabling certain option and even switching to some other machine fails stop this error message from occurring. Help me out, no matter how much hard work I need to do just make me to stop this error message. I am really irritated with these messages.

Re: Hp Deskjet F2480 scan function gives error "8,[8,0,0]"

This seems to be screen resolution settings problem, it is better suggested to check out screen resolution settings and also make sure whether the display configuration is normally configured. Anyways follow the following steps and let me know whether you are able to get rid of this issue or not:

• First of all you need to as usual Click on Start button on your windows system on your task bar, after from there go to Control Panel.
    • Make sure that you set your control Panel as a Classic View, now if you its already set as a classic View simply click on the Display icon. You will now get a pop up box.
    • Into that click on the settings tab and then select Advanced. See to it that you change the DPI settings to Normal size i.e. 96 DPI. Now after changing the DPI settings reboot the system and then try to use the Scan option again.
    • This time you must be able to get through the scan option without even getting that error message that you have mentioned above in your post. but remember that this steps will work only if you the problem is with the display configuration and not with anything else. So better first better be confirm with the issue or directly try out the steps but don’t blame me if it doesn’t work.

For your knowledge let me tell you that the display configuration (DPI) is by default set to 96 which do not require be changing or editing by the user. However if you are getting an error with some software components missing then let me tell you that you are not the only one with this problem. there are other user too who are facing almost the same issue, if not issue then the same error message.

Just let me know whether you are facing this problem or getting the error message only while using the Scan option or it also occurs with the document or with both the options. Once I know the exact thing I will surely help you out with a proper solution and hopefully I will be able to get your problem resolved as soon as possible. you can also do one thing, go to Start and the type the following path into the search program: C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin. After typing the path hit the enter button. You might now end up getting a window, over there search for hpiscnapp.exe file and double click on that file. After this are you able to scan successfully or even now you get the same error message. Along with providing me the requested information also let me know with some information about the OS that you have installed into your system, just wanted to know whether your OS is installed on c drive or on some of the other drive.

To be frank, I do have a fix for this problem but even I am not sure whether it will able to get the problem resolve completely or not. Anyways if you are really in need of sorting out your issue better try out the following steps and let me know with whether there is any appropriate difference with respect to your problem or the error message:

• The first and the foremost thing is to enter the installation folder, and for that you need to Go to Start option then Click on Run, you might find the first option on Start menu as Run.
    • Then after you find Run just click on it, you will now find a window with a textfield. Type the following thing into that field: %temp%. This will give you a temporary file folder.
    • Inside the temporary folder you will also able to get a installation temporary folder. Now what you need to do is to start with the 7Z characters. Now make sure that you do not find lot of folders that are starting with 7Z. in such case if you find many 7Z folders simply delete some of them and then try to run the latest used utilized installation file again.
    • Note that you terminate the setup windows once you are done with extracting the files, the only purpose is to re-extract the software. However now you need to enter the Scan folder inside the HP folder.
    • Just get into the Scan folder and inside that scan folder if you check you might find a Scan.msi file, this file might have some unique kind of icon with makes it completely different from other files.
    • Anyways once you find the Scan.msi file right click on that file and the select repair.
    • After doing this you need to enter the solutioncenter folder, if not mistaken then I guess it is a folder above the scan folder. Now inside this solutioncenter folder search for solutionCenter.msi file and as you repaired the Scan.msi file the same way you need to repaired this file too.
    • Now again you need to go one folder above and enter the Destinations folder and within that folder you need to search for Destinations.msi file and repair it the same way you repaired the above two folders.
    • During this process of repairing if at any point you find any sort of error message then don’t forget to let me know the place where you found that error and also what exactly that error message stated.
    • Also let me know the file on with the error occurred. Anyways once you are done with repairing those above mentioned files make sure that your restart the system and then try to scan again.