Thread: Suggestion for Dell Dimension 4700 PSU

Suggestion for Dell Dimension 4700 PSU

Hello friends, I am thinking to change the power supply of my Dell Dimension 4700 system. The reason for changing is because will be adding new graphics card, such that will be adding the ATI Radeon HD 4850 for which it requires to have power supply of 450 watts, even like to have a PCI Express connector, as I am having PCI-Express x16 slot on the motherboard. I would like to know which power supply will be fitted and which will be the best for me. Will I be able to get replace for present one with the PCI Express connector? Is there anyone who have replaced the power supply for him, then please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Suggestion for Dell Dimension 4700 PSU

I would suggest that you go ATX PSU it is be best and also fits on to your cabinet properly. I would like to tell that power supply is one of the important things which should be there on the computer. But there are people who are not happy with or not observe it as it is low technical in nature. If the power supply is not at working then your whole system is dead. If you go for any cheap power supply then it will be causing problem, such that it will cause other parts of your system to fail. Even it is very much easy to check and tell that power supply is working or not. But it is being very much hard for the PC end-user to find out the quality and reliability of a power supply.

You better go with the coolmaster eXtreme Power Plus 600W, which will be the best option for you and be able to play games on your card. The Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600W measures 140mm deep and has a cooler at the bottom. The cooler used is a model ADDA (AD1212US-A71GL) brushless. As noted by the presence of 115V/230V switch, unit does not have active PFC circuit, but at least, as it’s based on a more modern design than the outdated and topology half-bridge. No modular system comes with the source and the only cable to the motherboard has a nylon protection of that comes from within the source. All the sheaths 18 AWG wires used, which is proper to use the insulation, it which represents an improvement over the earlier models in the series of less power, which used 20 AWG pods. The cables included are: Main cable connector to the motherboard with 20/24 pin, 45 cm long. A cable with 2 connectors ATX12V, which together form an EPS12V connector 54cm long and 2 cables with 3 SATA power connectors each, 46cm in length to the first connector and 15cm between the first and last. A cable with 3 connectors and sockets for standard peripherals and one of current to the drive, 46cm and 15cm to the first connector between them. This configuration is identical to that used in the 550W version of this source, with more connectors than the ST-500BAZ seven team.

I would be suggesting for ATX powers supply, such that ATX stands for ("Advanced Technology eXtended") or advanced technology extended, which is the second generation of power introduced to the market for computers with Intel Pentium MMX microprocessor. The ATX is a device that is mounted internally in the cabinet of the computer, which is basically responsible for transforming the AC power line commercial direct current, which is used by the electronics and electrical computer. Other functions are to provide the amount of current and voltage as well as devices requires protection from power problems such as surges.

I would like to add over here that the Dell Dimension 4700 is not required to have a proprietary power supply for it. I think that you will be able to use a standard ATX unit which should be having a 24-pin, or 20+4-pin motherboard connector or even it can have 2-SATA power connectors. If you wanted to be surer that which one you are purchasing is perfect or not then I would suggest that you better compare the dimensions of the unit which you are planning to buy among the space which is there for PSU in Dell Dimension 4700's case. Better do it and get it for you.