Thread: HP C4860 Printer won’t scan, its software won’t recognize printer at the time of installation

HP C4860 Printer won’t scan, its software won’t recognize printer at the time of installation

In my computer I have windows Vista operating system and I was having problems related to my HP C4860 Printer drivers and that is why I have uninstalled all HP software’s from my computer and then I have opened device manager and removed all the printer drivers from there. After uninstalling the drivers from my computer I have restarted it and then I have opened official site of the HP and downloaded all the drivers and software’s. When I start installing the software at that time all the things were going good but when it prompts to connect my printer USB cable at that time I connected the USB cable but installation does not recognize it. I have also tried difference USB port with no luck and because of that installation process does not complete successfully. Now I am not able to print from some application and not able to scan also. If anyone has any solution then let me know.

Re: HP C4860 Printer won’t scan, its software won’t recognize printer at the time of installation

I think your printer model umber is HP Photosmart C4680 because I have searched for the HP C4860 Printer on internet but there is no such model exists. Please let me know your printer model number correctly so that I can provide you solution according to that. If you have any other printers installed in your computer then remove it. First click on start menu and after that select control panel and then you have to click on the Hardware and Sound and after that go to the printers. Now after that you have to right click on the printer which you need to delete and then select delete option. Once you remove the printer you have to restart your computer and then see what the result is.

Re: HP C4860 Printer won’t scan, its software won’t recognize printer at the time of installation

Yes, I am using HP Photosmart C4680 printer and I have already tried to solve this problem by removing other printers from my computer but after doing that also I was facing same problem. I have also tried to find solution on internet but that does not make any difference. Please help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried to solve this problem by running the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility in your computer. if not then you should first download HP Scan Diagnostic Utility from the official site of the HP or you can download HP Scan Diagnostic Utility by clicking here HP SCAN DIAGNOSTIC UTILITY then you have to install it in your computer. After installing the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility you have to open it and then you have to start your printer and then Diagnose. Now you have to check Diagnose utility results, if you see any red X then you have to click on that item and then fix it by clicking on FIX option. after performing this steps you have to restart your computer and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?

I was also having same problem with my HP printer, even after trying all the possible solution also I was not able to solve this problem. I have searched on the internet regarding this problem and have come to know that HP Scan Diagnostic Utility can resolve this problem and that is why I have downloaded HP Scan Diagnostic Utility from internet and then installed in my computer. After installing the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility in my computer I have run the Diagnostic test and then I get "Error 1706. No valid source". I have tried to fix that problem but that does not help me. How can I get rid of this problem? Thank you in advance.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should try this steps. Open start menu and then click on search box. Now type %temp% and then press enter key. In temp folders you have to look for the 7z### tmp folder (# will be the driver version). Once you find the folder you have to double click on it and then open Util folder. Now you will see ccc folder and you have to open that also. After opening the ccc folder you have to locate Uninstall_L3.bat file and double click on that. now after finishing the uninstalling process you have to register the Windows Installer Service and then try to install HP software again in your computer. According to me after trying this solution you will not face any problem while HP software and it will recognize your printer and you will be able to scan also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should try this steps. Open start menu and then click on search box. Now type %temp% and then press enter key. In temp folders you have to look for the 7z### tmp folder (# will be the driver version). Once you find the folder you have to double click on it and then open Util folder. Now you will see ccc folder and you have to open that also. After opening the ccc folder you have to locate Uninstall_L3.bat file and double click on that. now after finishing the uninstalling process you have to register the Windows Installer Service and then try to install HP software again in your computer. According to me after trying this solution you will not face any problem while HP software and it will recognize your printer and you will be able to scan also.
    I have opened CCC folder from Util and then double clicked on the Uninstall_L3.bat file, but after uninstalling process I have tried to Register the Windows Installer Service but I don’t know about to do that. please provide me exact stapes regarding this thank you in advance.

To Register the Windows Installer Service you have to open start menu and then type msiexec / unregister in search box and then press enter key. Now you have to type msiexec / regserver in start menu search box and then press enter key. Now when you try to install the required software at that time you will not face any problem.