Thread: Scan not working for HP slimline s5-1160 using HPSCAN.exe or TWAIN driver on Windows 7

Scan not working for HP slimline s5-1160 using HPSCAN.exe or TWAIN driver on Windows 7

I was using HP Laserjet Pro cm1415fnw for around a year in my office and it was connected to my desktop PC with help of an USB cable. I used to run it using the TWAIN scanning driver which would help me scan the desired documents directly to Adobe reader or Microsoft Words. It never gave me a single problem and worked extremely well. But now I purchased a new scanner, that is, HP slimline s5-1160. I have attached it to my desktop computer which has Windows 7 in it as operating system and I have installed every driver and software that needs to be installed for proper working of the scanner. The printer is working fine when connected by the default USB cable and on its default drivers. But when I try to make it work using the TWAIN scanning driver, it accepts them and gives no error. The problem starts when I am trying to scan any document. The scanner crashes and reverts all the settings. It also deletes all the TWAIN scanning drivers and starts working on the default drivers that came along with the printer. The default drivers of the scanner provide options only to save the scanned content in pdf or jpg format. I want the scanned content to be directly entered into Microsoft Words and to achieve it, I need TWAIN scanning driver. Can someone help me with making the scanner work along with the TWAIN scanning drivers?

Re: Scan not working for HP slimline s5-1160 using HPSCAN.exe or TWAIN driver on Windows 7

I suggest you to use HP Scan Diagnostic Utility with all the TWAIN scanning drivers installed in your system. It will detect the problem in your system and show you the error. You can try changing the USB port from what you have connected it to at present. Many times, even hardware plays great role in deciding the working of specific peripheral. I don’t think that there should be any problem in using an HP scanner with TWAIN scanner drivers. I still haven’t seen much HP scanners that don’t accept TWAIN scanner drivers. I suggest you to consult HP service centre to get the further details regarding your problem.