Thread: when ever installing device driver software, hpzsetup.exe keeps popping up

when ever installing device driver software, hpzsetup.exe keeps popping up

So this issue occurs probably in most of the cases and no one has single clue. So I just thought this forum will help me to solve this. It was all started when I was with my HP Deskjet Printer and whenever I am supposed to get on my system, I receive “ installing device driver software device driver installed, hpzset.exe” . so there are some options with it to continue or cancel. Then when I continue the process hoping that it could resolve this issue of repeating several times, it demands for printer cd to insert and to step towards the next step. But all the time it keeps on moving till configuration and does not proceed further. So what could be possible issue. Can you give me some hints to follow the same. I found some answers on net regarding my issues and they told me to move in Start->Run and enter "services.msc" and then disabling the HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service. But not tried further. So can you help me further.

re: when ever installing device driver software, hpzsetup.exe keeps popping up

Yes, you are saying it right as you are on the right track. After you have tried with services.msc in run option, you will be then with an HP Digital Imaging Monitor which will start on reboot. And all you need to do is to remove the entry for that from the StartUp group. There will be an icon in your system tray. And then you will be having %temp%\hpqddsvc.log and %temp%\hpqddusr.log. log files which will assist you to give you some detail about your issue. So that can help you . you can also look in the hpqddsvc.log where it should be in the c:\windows\temp directory. You can then pop in to get some detail of your issue.

I also had some same issues and was with some Fatal Error problem with HP Photo Smart D5360 installation, and I solved it by: I first made some search for hpzsetup.exe file in all files and folders and then deleted all instances of it. You will also find the hpzsetup.exe in the registry and then deleted only values that had hpzsetup.exe and all emptied Recycle Bin and restarted my system.

I have an Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32-bit operating system running on HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC . along with it I just had my HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One Printer which came along with it. I have had printing as well as scanning problems with is combo. But this one is really irritating as when I turned my system on, I started getting a security pop-up which indicated “hpzsetup.exe” needed my permission to run. I was not knowing that one and so , I just ignored it by hitting cancel. But when I hit "cancel", it gives me an additional pop-up “hpzstub.exe” which says " click Retry on this screen and click Continue or OK on the next screen.” If I select “Continue” from the initial dialog box or "Retry" from the subsequent one, I receive a screen that which indicates that installation is in progress and it fails. Something like “Fatal error during installation” error message comes .then I have a dialog box which says “Installing HP Photosmart C4500 Series” and it will tend to list the following steps Checking system and so on until the last step:configuring Your Product . but after this one the program seems to hung up with 94 % completion. So I can’t continue after this. Are you guys having any idea regarding this.

I am with Vista and had a disk to install my HP deskjet printer, put it in, didn't know what I was doing since I was having issues with the disk. But I suppose the system went on-line as in some way the printer works. I don't have the printer with my laptop presently. But I keep receiving a pop-up about installing the HP printer. It flashes on the bottom of the screen and when I click to install and proceed to further steps, it goes to some 94 % and pops up an error message "hpzsetup.exe" I first tried with repeated closing this messages and the pop-up box tends to make it go away, but it keeps coming back. I can't come across it in my Programs to Uninstall? Can you find some means in which I will be able to solve this issue.