Thread: What’s the scan settings for Officejet 4500 on windows 7

What’s the scan settings for Officejet 4500 on windows 7

i am having Officejet 4500 which I s really great. I am working with it last since week and there are no issues concerning this product . but all I need to ask you whether I can make my settings for this one to work be optimized made some changes in the scan settings which were showing in the machine window/menu. I made attempts on my side to change the settings and work better and make my settings more optimized by means of an software and I was with some options of naming and saving shortcuts. And I need to scan my documents through console and not with my system. So is there any way with which I can do the same.

Re: What’s the scan settings for Officejet 4500 on windows 7

So to begin with , you first of all need have HP Solution Center on your computer with windows 7. And to tell regarding HP Solution Center, it is part of a full-feature installation of the printer software along with it does not install with a necessary driver installation. as well, you may have excluded the program if you performed a custom installation. So first make sure that HP Solution Center displays in the list of installed programs. On the Windows taskbar, you need to click on the Windows icon and then All Programs >>HP folder. If you need to scan a picture or document, follow these steps:
    Step one: Load the item to scan
    You are then able to scan from the scanner glass or from the ADF tray, if your product has one. Confirm that the product is connected to the computer and then turn the product on and you need to then load the picture or document. You will be having some option such as Scanner glass and then place the item with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then place it and then close the scanner lid. You will also come across another option such as ADF where you need to place the item into the document feeder tray. The printed side positions up and the top edge goes into the tray first. Then you need to adjust the width guides to fit the item.
    Scan the item: Open HP Solution Center under HP folder and then double-click the HP Solution Center icon on your desktop. If you have more than one HP device installed, you then need to click the printer icon on the left pane for the printer that you are using to scan. You need to then make use of one of the following methods to start the scan, so you start with on-screen Scan Picture "button" in HP Solution Center if you are interested in photos or artwork. And if you are interested in scanning text document with or without graphics start with on-screen Scan Document "button" in HP Solution Center. If this settings screen does not tend to display previous to scan starts, a preference was set to bypass the prompt. And if you are interested in again turning the prompt back on, you need to again mingle for such settings.
    a. return to the home screen of HP Solution Center after cancelling the scan,and then click the Settings alternative.
    b. Move to the Scan Settings , then click the suitable choice from the popup menu: Scan Picture Settings or else Scan Document Settings .
    c. choose the check box, Prompt for settings at the time of scan >>OK.
    d. You then need to click Home after this .
    On the "Scanning from..." screen, click the suitable choice under "Scan Shortcuts" which will be present on the left.
    Move to Change Settings, and you will be with drop-down menu choices for all of the settings for the shortcut, correcting any settings as necessary. In addition click the Advanced Picture Settings button and the Save to file Save Options button to view your options and make any modifications. And finally click scan. the preview screen might display, if you selected the alternative to show a preview. Make use of the choices on the preview screen to make any preferred adjustments previous to you finish the scan.

Making settings according to your type of work will really make it easy to work with. So setting up shortcut allows you to predefine scanning alternatives that you like to make use of. You can then store it on your left side of your pane after you have given a name for a specific task and create it as a shortcut. For example you have created shortcut for scanning scan several pictures in a specific manner and by simply clicking it , you will be able to go with it . it really takes time to go through the configuration each and every time to do this process , so it really makes it simple to work.

I was with HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP and was working to setup HP Scan-to-Email as well as HP Save-to-Folder making use of the HP LaserJet MFP Wizard Console as it enable digital sending characteristics on our HP product. So as my product was supporting the same , I just tried with it and it really worked. I am providing some steps to work around. Hope this will be helpful. First of all , you need to make sure whether your product has the minimum supported firmware version along with find out the compatibility with the HP LaserJet MFP Wizard Console and for this you need to first of all print a configuration page . then Download the HP LaserJet Wizard Console and create a Wizard Console folder on the C: drive and open the same from the Windows desktop, you need to Browse and then locate the Wizard Console folder. Choose the exe. File>>Open >> Ok to open the HP LaserJet MFP Wizard Console and then setup Scan-to-Email and Save-to-Folder digital sending features. To add some more regarding the same, you will be having option for Scan-to-E-mail Default Set Up Wizard to start the wizard.you will be then having some message which will indicate to continue as that wizard will overwrite the settings. And then click yes to continue with the configuration process. Select E-mail server you wish to configure and then click Next .and then under Configure File Scan Settings , choose the scan settings that you desire to employ as the defaults from the drop-down menus . and you have finished with this step.