Thread: Small white lines on photo prints with HP OfficeJet 8600

Small white lines on photo prints with HP OfficeJet 8600

Recently my color printer HP OfficeJet 8600 is giving me some kind of white lines in the copies of the photo prints that I take out from this printer. Don’t know what is that but it is coming out from every single copy. It looks to me as if the roller of the printer is to be blamed but I don’t understand how can I get rid of that lines? Is there any method by which I can check what is causing that problem? That’s what I want to know? If you all have any suggestions or replies for the same then do suggest me about it. Your suggestions would be appreciated that’s all I can say over here.

Re: Small white lines on photo prints with HP OfficeJet 8600

Hey there I have a small question to ask to you which paper are you using for the printer make sure you are using the best quality ones. HP Advanced Photo Paper is the recommended one. So you can go for that. One more suggestion that I can give you is that check for the firmware of your printer make sure they are the latest and the updated one’s. so do give a try for that as well.

One interesting solution that I found in the hp forums is that remove if you have any surge protector made available for the printer and plug it directly into the wall socket. This printer already has a surge protector built inside. So making the surge protector available in your printer causes such kind of line problems in your paper.

If nothing works out then you can call up the customer support of HP and address the problem to them. See what suggestions they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaGeek View Post
    Hey there I have a small question to ask to you which paper are you using for the printer make sure you are using the best quality ones. HP Advanced Photo Paper is the recommended one. So you can go for that. One more suggestion that I can give you is that check for the firmware of your printer make sure they are the latest and the updated one’s. so do give a try for that as well.

One interesting solution that I found in the hp forums is that remove if you have any surge protector made available for the printer and plug it directly into the wall socket. This printer already has a surge protector built inside. So making the surge protector available in your printer causes such kind of line problems in your paper.

If nothing works out then you can call up the customer support of HP and address the problem to them. See what suggestions they give you.
    You know what if HP has something worst then it has to be the service center of the HP it is the worst of all I have seen in the recent times. You know they aren’t capable of doing anything. First of all I rung them up and I was asked to hold on for some time but who knew that their sometime would be such a big time for me. I was waiting briefly for an half an hour getting frustrated by this I hung up the phone. now I got a call back from them and they asked me everything about the printer, the model number the version number which firmware I have got and everything. You know what they wasted my 1 hour. They weren’t able to give me any solutions. That’s why I would say better don’t call up their customer support it is simply useless.

When I searched here in internet I came across various forums which were discussing about the problem so I thought there must be solved solution over here but still here I haven’t got the solution. I gave a try for the one solution that you gave but that did not help me. Suggest me something else. I am waiting for the help.

Even I had a same problem sometime ago so what I did was went to the print setup and changed the print paper. It was using some default print paper and I changed to the one that I was presently using and you know what it helped me a lot.

So that’s why you can try out with this solution as well.