Thread: Getting no response from HP Deskjet F4180 printer although green light flashes when turning it on

Getting no response from HP Deskjet F4180 printer although green light flashes when turning it on

Guys I am very weak when it comes to setting up the hardware’s and all such stuffs in my system. So that’s why I want to take some help from you all regarding this. Recently I had got a printer named HP Deskjet F4180 when I was trying to setup this printer I followed all the instructions which were given in the manual. Once done with the setup and all I tried printing with the help of this printer but the thing is that only green light came when I gave in the instructions and then there was no response from the printer. So what should I do now is it the problem with the printer or something else? that’s what I want to know.

Should I send it to the service center or go to the official hp forums and ask the questions out there, what do you all think what sho9uld I do? if you all have any suggestions for the problem then you can send in the response as early as possible that would be better for me.

Re: Getting no response from HP Deskjet F4180 printer although green light flashes when turning it on

Hi this is the following basic steps that you should perform on your printer in case if you aren’t getting any results after trying out this step as well then you should follow the last instruction and that is showing it to the HP service center. So here are the basic solutions

Turn on the printer and while it is turned on, Remove the cartridges, remove the power cable, remove the usb cable and wait for some time.
    Now plug In the power cable, wait for the printer to be ready. Once it is ready then insert the cartridge, connect the usb cable.
    See if the printer responds or not.

I am sure it should be able to respond by now. I hope this proves to be very useful for you that’s it from my side for you all.

Re: Getting no response from HP Deskjet F4180 printer although green light flashes when turning it on

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    Hi this is the following basic steps that you should perform on your printer in case if you aren’t getting any results after trying out this step as well then you should follow the last instruction and that is showing it to the HP service center. So here are the basic solutions

Turn on the printer and while it is turned on, Remove the cartridges, remove the power cable, remove the usb cable and wait for some time.
    Now plug In the power cable, wait for the printer to be ready. Once it is ready then insert the cartridge, connect the usb cable.
    See if the printer responds or not.

I am sure it should be able to respond by now. I hope this proves to be very useful for you that’s it from my side for you all.
    Ok I did follow the instructions that you have given over here frankly speaking it did not make any kind of difference at all. The green light is still flashing and also the printer isn’t responding. Now you have said that this is the basic steps that we should follow and even after following if it is not working then we should show it to the service center.

So should I show it to the service center or wait over here till some other users come up and throw some solutions towards me? What should I do? I am waiting to hear it from you. Please reply accordingly over here.

I just happened to access this interesting material from HP which I want you to have a look at. Read this article Blinking Lights hope you will get a better insight after reading that article. In case if that does not help you then I have to tell you that it is better if you show it to some service center or call up HP the online support on the following number (080) 26129000. Hope that was helpful.