Thread: How to install Dell 922 printer driver?

How to install Dell 922 printer driver?

I have purchased Dell 922 printer and want to install the driver of the printer in my laptop. In my laptop I am using windows 7 32 bit with McAfee antivirus. I am getting problem while installing the driver of the Dell 922 printer. How do I install the driver and in my other laptop I am getting error while printing on the Dell 922 printer. Can anyone help me in solving this problem?

Re: How to install Dell 922 printer driver?

I think that the problem is with the drivers that you already installed in your laptop. The drivers for Dell 922 printer might not be installed properly that can be the reason for getting an error while printing. First delete all the print order pages in Dell 922 printer. Then uninstall the driver form the laptop and try re installing it. Before reinstalling the driver make sure that your PC restarts. As it starts again wait for around five to ten minutes and reinstall the driver and check that the printer is working properly or not.

I had the same problem when I was installing the driver in my laptop with windows 7. I told my friend about this problem and told me to change the compatibility mode before installing the driver. After changing the compatibility mode for Dell 922 printer the printer works perfectly without any problem. To change the compatibility mode for Dell 922 printer Right click on the driver file and click on properties. In properties select the compatibility tab. In that you will find you find a drop down list box. In that select windows vista service pack 2 or the latest version available for the compatibility for the Dell 922 printer.

I had the same problem with my desktop with windows 7 32 bit and McAfee antivirus. I was not understanding that why my printer was not able to print properly. Then I found that the antivirus was creating a problem while connecting to the Dell 922 printer. To stop the antivirus from creating problem follow the steps.
    • Open McAfee antivirus and select Internet and network.
    • Click on the configure button
    • In configure you will find Firewall protection enabled and will be having a downward arrow click on that arrow.
    • Click on advance button.
    • Click on System services, you will see port listed.
    • Check on the option for Windows File Sharing and click on apply.
    • Click ok and restart your computer