Thread: Photosmart C7200 series error message "Can't send or receive faxes"

Photosmart C7200 series error message "Can't send or receive faxes"

I am using HP Photosmart all in one C7200 series printer with my Dell laptop in which I have windows 7 operating system. I was not facing any problem with my printer but it has suddenly started giving me problem. Whenever I try to do fax at that time I get “Can't send or receive faxes” message. I have tried to solve this problem by disconnecting printer from my laptop completely and then I have connected all the things again but that does not make any difference. I have also uninstalled all the printer related drivers from my Dell laptop and installed it again but problem does not get solved. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Photosmart C7200 series error message "Can't send or receive faxes"

I have gone through your problem related to your Photosmart printer and I that is why I will first suggest you to run fax diagnostic page and after printing the FAX diagnostic page you have to let me know which error it shows so that I can give you solution according to that. To run fax diagnostic page you should click on start menu and then select all programs. Now after selecting the all programs you have to open HP Solution Center from HP. When you see HP Solution Center window at that time select settings button and then click on “Fax Settings and Setup” option. After clicking on the “Fax Settings and Setup” option you have to click on the Test Fax Setup. Now you need to click on the “Run Fax Test” button from the Run Fax Test window and then you have to see what error it shows.

I was also having similar problem with my HP printer and when I print the fax diagnostic page at that time I get “Fax Connected to Active Telephone Wall Jack test failed” error and then I have tried below steps to solve this problem. first I have unlogged my telephone wire from both ends and then connected telephone wire on wall jack. After connecting the telephone wire on wall jack I have connected it with my printer and then I have run fax diagnostic test again and this time I didn’t get any problem. you should also try this solution it might be helpful for you.

Many times when your run fax diagnostic test again at that time it does not show any error but still fax gives you problem and in such case you have to perform these steps.

• On your printer you need to press On button.
    • Unplug power cable from your wall socket.
    • After that you have to unplug power cord from your printer.
    • After some seconds you have to plug power cable in your wall socket and then connect it with your printer.

Now start your printer and then you have to see whether you are getting same error or not? many times by performing this basic steps you can solve his problem. if you are facing same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

You have to make sure that “Allow device to receive fax calls” option and “Allow device to send fax” selected in the windows Fax setting because if “Allow device to receive fax calls check box.” Is not selected then that can be a reason behind this problem. To select “Allow device to receive fax calls check box.” Option you have to click on start menu and then type “Windows Fax and Scan” in start menu search box and press enter key. Now you will see Windows Fax and Scan window. From left pane you have to select FAX view. After selecting the FAX view you have to click on the Tools menu and then you have to click on the Fax setting. In Fax setting window you have to select general tab. Now you have to click on “Allow device to receive fax calls” option and “Allow device to send fax” option under send and receive option. You have to also make sure that “automatically answer” option is selected for receiving fax calls. Now click on OK and then you have to check whether you are getting "Can't send or receive faxes" error or not? According to me after selecting the “Allow device to receive fax calls” option and “Allow device to send fax” option will resolve this issue.

Yes, If Allow device to receive fax and send fax options are not selected in your windows fax setting then this type of problem takes place. i was also having same problem and first I thought problem is related with my printer drivers and that is why I have first tried to solve this problem by uninstalling all the drivers from my system and then installing the drivers again but that does not helped me to solve this problem. I have also installed updated drivers for my printer but result was same after that. One of my friend I have told me to check windows fax setting and then I have tried that trick and then I have come to know that Allow device to receive fax and send fax options were not selected and then I have check both the option and clicked on OK. After trying this trick my problem get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by JErastus View Post
    Yes, If Allow device to receive fax and send fax options are not selected in your windows fax setting then this type of problem takes place. i was also having same problem and first I thought problem is related with my printer drivers and that is why I have first tried to solve this problem by uninstalling all the drivers from my system and then installing the drivers again but that does not helped me to solve this problem. I have also installed updated drivers for my printer but result was same after that. One of my friend I have told me to check windows fax setting and then I have tried that trick and then I have come to know that Allow device to receive fax and send fax options were not selected and then I have check both the option and clicked on OK. After trying this trick my problem get solved.
    I have run fax diagnostic test from HP solution center and I get “Fax Hardware test failed” error. I don’t know how to resolve this problem. I have also tried to get rid of this problem by changing the windows fax setting but after trying that also I am experiencing same problem. If anyone else have experienced same problem and have solution regarding this then let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

To get rid of “Fax Hardware test failed” error you have to try these steps. First of all you need to unplug your telephone power cable from both the side and then you have to disconnect power cable of printer also. After disconnecting the power cable and telephone wire you have to wait for the 1 minute and then plug power cable and telephone wire again and start your printer. Run diagnostic test again and then you have to check whether you get any error or not?